• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bull Backlash Begins...

IncreditBULL... the last sub .500 season was only 2004 - not that long ago.  And it's the FSU guy who said that, not UM.

That said, you are right to say the assessment is fair other than the .500 prediction... and a 20-30 would make some sense. (I would say 21-22 right now myself.)

But there is a differnce -- Steel's rankings are not where we are right now, before the season... but his thoughts about our potential for the season. And going game by game, I can see how USF could become a Top 10 team - given we will be favored to win at least 10 of our 12 games.  A 10-2 USF team would be in the Top 10-15 teams in the nation... Hence Steele's #8 ranking.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

Great article. He hit the hammer on the head in regards to how pompous and cocky the other 3 schools are in Florida. FSU aint **** anymore, they need to get off their high horse and realize that they are a floundering program. UF is the only school that has the right to talk some **** in regards to football.

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

usf needs to win big east

• Content Count:  1,297
  • Days Won:  0

Winning will solve everything.

The other three can not ignore us forever. 

UM is facing the music of the changing football landscape in the state. 

The other's will have to follow eventually.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

The only title we can control and the only one that means anything is BIG EAST CHAMPS.

Who cares about being lumped in with the other 3.  It really hasn't hurt us or helped us by not being lumped in with them.  What matters is taking care of business on the field.  I'll take being called the BIG EAST CHAMPS and going to a BCS bowl on a consistent basis over being called the big 4 or Florida 4 or whatever.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

IncreditBULL... the last sub .500 season was only 2004 - not that long ago.  And it's the FSU guy who said that, not UM.

That said, you are right to say the assessment is fair other than the .500 prediction... and a 20-30 would make some sense. (I would say 21-22 right now myself.)

But there is a differnce -- Steel's rankings are not where we are right now, before the season... but his thoughts about our potential for the season. And going game by game, I can see how USF could become a Top 10 team - given we will be favored to win at least 10 of our 12 games.  A 10-2 USF team would be in the Top 10-15 teams in the nation... Hence Steele's #8 ranking.

4 years is an entire football team of recruiting, so it is a long time in my book.  Especially for an 11 yo program.  Add 4 more years on and we were not in a conference nor a 1a team.  

No way we are a .500 team.  Not going to happen, that we agree upon.

I think you could do a "waht if" on any top 20 team and see where they could end up top 10.  I see our schedule is being a potential for success, but also see where it could slip up.  Remember a two loss SEC team will be rated higher by the polls than a 2 loss BEAST team (unless WVU).  

We pretty much could only drop 1 if we want to stay in the top 10.   We lose two and we are between 10 - 20.   Ohio State loses two and they will play for teh NC...

• Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

The only title we can control and the only one that means anything is BIG EAST CHAMPS.

Who cares about being lumped in with the other 3.  It really hasn't hurt us or helped us by not being lumped in with them.  What matters is taking care of business on the field.  I'll take being called the BIG EAST CHAMPS and going to a BCS bowl on a consistent basis over being called the big 4 or Florida 4 or whatever.

I agree 100% we need to win the Big East.  When that happens this program will go into a whole other gear in how it grows.

Archived