• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

do tampa bay fans resent josh hamilton

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

Triple B and Velcro = no sense of humor

• Content Count:  12,293

, the Rays lost faith in him.

the Rays did NOT lose faith in him.  How much do you know of this story?  the rays had tremendous amount of faith in him by allowing him to come back and play professional baseball with their organization after a 3 year drug ban.  the only thing to rays are guilty of is underestimating how much faith OTHER teams still had in him.  They did not release him, they simply left him off of the 40 man roster (any other team would of done that considering the circumstances and the amazing amount of talent that the rays have in the farm system...so it was either protect the top prospects that have been there day in and day out without a drug problem and have played full seasons in the past 3 years....or put hamilton on the 40 man roster and expose one of those guys.  They would of loved for Josh to not get taken in the rule 5 draft and they admitted that they were "shocked" that he was.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

Got me ...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

the Rays did NOT lose faith in him.  How much do you know of this story?  the rays had tremendous amount of faith in him by allowing him to come back and play professional baseball with their organization after a 3 year drug ban.  the only thing to rays are guilty of is underestimating how much faith OTHER teams still had in him.  They did not release him, they simply left him off of the 40 man roster (any other team would of done that considering the circumstances and the amazing amount of talent that the rays have in the farm system...so it was either protect the top prospects that have been there day in and day out without a drug problem and have played full seasons in the past 3 years....or put hamilton on the 40 man roster and expose one of those guys.  They would of loved for Josh to not get taken in the rule 5 draft and they admitted that they were "shocked" that he was.

Sorry, if they had a tremendous amount of faith in him, they would have put him on the 40 man roster ...... and from what I understand, I'll try and confirm later, a couple of those "top prospects" they kept over him were cut a couple days later. They may not have lost ALL faith him but they lost enough that they openly risked losing him for $50K.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Got me too... i guess i'm just used to seeing idiotic threads from a certain rays fan bashing his own players... that I started grouping all these similar sounding posts into the same category.

• Content Count:  4,738

the guy had just come off a drug suspension and had only played single A ball.  Who really thought a team would keep him on there roster the whole year.  It sucks we lost him. 

I'm glad he's doing well. 

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

Sorry, if they had a tremendous amount of faith in him, they would have put him on the 40 man roster ...... and from what I understand, I'll try and confirm later, a couple of those "top prospects" they kept over him were cut a couple days later. They may not have lost ALL faith him but they lost enough that they openly risked losing him for $50K.

this seems like solid analysis but i  also see where people feel so happy for josh that they dont resent him

Archived