• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

do tampa bay fans resent josh hamilton

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

why did tampa help him get reinstated only to let him leave?

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

I don't know of a single fan that resents the kid.  Leaving him unprotected was probably the one major mistake this new Rays management team has made.

I know that he got an ovation the first time he appeared at the Trop a few months ago, so I don't think there's any resentment.

It's a great story, and no matter what team he plays for, you can't help but root for the kid to succeed given all he's been through.  But dang, the Rays sure could have used that bat in the lineup...

• Content Count:  701
  • Days Won:  0

he was a risk to keep around...  hindsight is 20/20

glad he cleaned up tho, great story.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,463
  • Days Won:  422

I don't know of a single fan that resents the kid.  Leaving him unprotected was probably the one major mistake this new Rays management team has made.

I know that he got an ovation the first time he appeared at the Trop a few months ago, so I don't think there's any resentment.

It's a great story, and no matter what team he plays for, you can't help but root for the kid to succeed given all he's been through.  But dang, the Rays sure could have used that bat in the lineup...

The only resentment that a Rays fan could possibly have is that Josh himself, and no one else, was to blame for the situation he got himself into and the Rays ended up getting screwed by it .......

• Content Count:  883

No.  I wish he was still a Ray.

• Content Count:  12,293

why would the fans resent him?

i think i resent dewan brazelton more.  josh ran into some hard times....brazelton just sucked.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,463
  • Days Won:  422

why would the fans resent him?

i think i resent dewan brazelton more.  josh ran into some hard times....brazelton just sucked.

Not sure i understand that reasoning ..... Brazelton is not a Ray because he just wasn't as good as he was supposed to be through no fault of his own (that I know of). Josh is as good as everyone thought, yet because of HIS screw-up, the Rays lost faith in him.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

you resent someone if you think they aren't that good?  maybe you should resent your crappy scout that made the decision he was worth attaining.. not the player. 

• Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

Don't resent him at all.  I'm really glad he cleaned himself up and is having a storybook season.  Can you imagine if he were having this kind of success on the Rays right now though?  Not only would the team be THE story in baseball (as it pretty much is right now), but the guy leading the charge would have a great story of his own. 

• Content Count:  1,479

No, I dont resent him and I dont know why anyone would. I'm happy he's doing so well. Rays took a calculated risk that no team would take him in the Rule 5 draft after all the problems and only a handful of minor league games and I believe there was a chance to get him back, he had to stay the entire season in the majors or would be offered back to the Rays.

Archived