• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A reason to love the Yankees!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

In a city where after 5 years they still don't consider A-Rod to be "a true Yankee", I thought it was pretty cool that New York fans were behind this kid almost immediately.

Why wouldn't they be behind them....... It showed those fans that there may still be hope for them;)

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

yankees are america's team

• Content Count:  883
  • Days Won:  0

I hate the yanks, or any NY sports team, as much as anyone can.  I was born and grew up in the bay area, so what do you expect?  I've had all the transplanted New Yorkers and all their teams greatness drilled into my skull since I can remember.  But, they are the best team in the history of MLB.  I hate them, but I respect them immensely.

As far as the logo thing, I really don't care.  Yankee Stadium is about as historical as you can get and this being the last All-Star game there is a huge deal.  Let them display their logo for the last time.  I would be more inclined to rag on a-rod for being a ***** and not taking part in the derby.

As much as it pains me to say it, if there is an "America's team" it would have to be the yankess.  Almost any city you go to you see yankee hats and gear.  Even in other countries.  Red Sox or the Cubs can't say that.   

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Red Sox or the Cubs can't say that.   

That part is not accurate, whatsoever.

The volume of their gear is probably lower, but you can find their stuff in any city, just like the yankees.

• Content Count:  883

The volume of their gear is probably lower, but you can find their stuff in any city, just like the yankees.

Yeah, that's what I meant.  Sorry.

• Content Count:  760

Unfortunately that is true. I miss the days when that wasnt the case  ;)

• Content Count:  509

What does New York Friggin city embracing a home run hitting recovering drug addict have to do with anything?  What does Hamilton hitting homeruns have to do with singabulls post?

Did you watch the derby?  Did you not hear him talk about his dream when he was still on drugs? He said he had a vision he was hitting homeruns in yankee stadium with everyone cheering for him.  It happened.  After he hit his first one you can hear his humbling voice say "that was awesome".  This kid was an injection from falling off the map and had a vision of playin in yankee stadium and it came true.  So NYC embracing him has everything to do with it.   Couldnt happened to a better character in a better city.

All I heard him say was i got the chills, goosebumps, wow. 

Its ok his dream will come true in about 3 years when he is playing for the Yankees, just like every major leaguer (even southerners) dream to play for one day. 

For all the Yankee and Sox haters, I worked for a player ran memorabilia company in NY owned by the recently passed Bobby Murcer and Diane Munson (Thurman Munsons' widow) I met ball players from all over the country.  Believe they want to be Yankees.  So your ignorant rants about everyone hating the Yankees is laughable.  You can hate them like I hate the Celtics but you should recognize a dynasty and greatness when you see it, or you will sound either misinformed or completely jealous. 

I agree.  Hamilton dreamed about hitting homeruns in yankee stadium. and since singabull doesn't like the yankee logo, he must hate Josh Hamilton!!!  You're right, singabull is a moron!  The yankees are the winningest franchise in baseball, they are infallable!  Yankee stadium is part of history.  The people of new york embraced Josh Hamilton.  Josh Hamilton has no problem with the yankees.  Josh Hamilton wants to play for the yankees.  If the yankees want to leave thier logo for the all star game, let them!  If the yankees want to rename the all star game to the Hank Stienbrenner Classic, let them.  They can do no wrong!  Nobody is allowed to criticize them, they are the winningest team in baseball and thier fans embraced a recovering drug addict who dreamed about hitting home runs in thier stadium!  From here on out, I don't want to see anybody being critical of the following teams:  The yankees, the boston celtics, or the montrael canadians

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

What does New York Friggin city embracing a home run hitting recovering drug addict have to do with anything?  What does Hamilton hitting homeruns have to do with singabulls post?

Did you watch the derby?  Did you not hear him talk about his dream when he was still on drugs? He said he had a vision he was hitting homeruns in yankee stadium with everyone cheering for him.  It happened.  After he hit his first one you can hear his humbling voice say "that was awesome".  This kid was an injection from falling off the map and had a vision of playin in yankee stadium and it came true.  So NYC embracing him has everything to do with it.   Couldnt happened to a better character in a better city.

Its ok his dream will come true in about 3 years when he is playing for the Yankees, just like every major leaguer (even southerners) dream to play for one day. 

For all the Yankee and Sox haters, I worked for a player ran memorabilia company in NY owned by the recently passed Bobby Murcer and Diane Munson (Thurman Munsons' widow) I met ball players from all over the country.  Believe they want to be Yankees.  So your ignorant rants about everyone hating the Yankees is laughable.  You can hate them like I hate the Celtics but you should recognize a dynasty and greatness when you see it, or you will sound either misinformed or completely jealous. 

I agree.  Hamilton dreamed about hitting homeruns in yankee stadium. and since singabull doesn't like the yankee logo, he must hate Josh Hamilton!!!  You're right, singabull is a moron!  The yankees are the winningest franchise in baseball, they are infallable!  Yankee stadium is part of history.  The people of new york embraced Josh Hamilton.  Josh Hamilton has no problem with the yankees.  Josh Hamilton wants to play for the yankees.  If the yankees want to leave thier logo for the all star game, let them!  If the yankees want to rename the all star game to the Hank Stienbrenner Classic, let them.  They can do no wrong!  Nobody is allowed to criticize them, they are the winningest team in baseball and thier fans embraced a recovering drug addict who dreamed about hitting home runs in thier stadium!  From here on out, I don't want to see anybody being critical of the following teams:  The yankees, the boston celtics, or the montrael canadians

I agree completely!! To criticize those teams is to criticize the U S of A ....... just ignore Le Habs, you know what I mean...... and that is UNAMERICAN!

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

To me there is a time and place for everything.  Yankee fans hate me more than you, Im a mets fan.  I just see no need for someone to talk junk about yankee stadium when its about to expire because of his hatred of northeasterners.  The place has been around over 100 years.  Memorial park in the outhfield is where hall of famers walk and are in awe.  HALL OF FAMERS! 

I would feel better calling AROD...Gay Rod and Yankees suck and Jeter swallows when we are in the season.  Right now you are watching the last all star game in yankees stadium ever.  Watch, actually listen, and learn some history of the sport you are obviously now a fan of since the Rays are over .500. 

Archived