• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tony Dungy = Bulls Fan

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

It would be nice if you people would all stop living in the past and stop pining for the "good old days" 10 years ago when the Bucs weren't that good. What exactly did the Bucs win with class back then? A Wild Card game? Wow, that's huge!!!!!

Of course you'll all climb back on the bandwagon if they land Favre. Pathetic.

P.S. There probably isn't another team in the NFL who has fans who go as bat-**** crazy as you all do when they don't draft a player from the local school. Also pathetic.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

As many of you have said, Tony Dungy is a class act and in no way will Chucky ever hold a candle to him- Tony's team won the SB.

You're right ..... the Colts.

• Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  0

i dont give a **** what the bucs do, lol.

• Content Count:  478

It would be nice if you people would all stop living in the past and stop pining for the "good old days" 10 years ago when the Bucs weren't that good. What exactly did the Bucs win with class back then? A Wild Card game? Wow, that's huge!!!!!

P.S. There probably isn't another team in the NFL who has fans who go as bat-**** crazy as you all do when they don't draft a player from the local school. Also pathetic.

ummm no offense but just because people like dungy better than that jerk we have now doesn't mean that we are bandwagon fans. its not pathetic to want someone who is arguably the face of the bucs to be a classy nice guy. dungy reminds us all that you can be a nice person and a good person and still WIN.

and incidentally - besides wining a SB with DUNGY's TEAM (!!!) gruden hasn't exactly won anything. and hes a jerk to boot.

besides wining a SB with DUNGY's TEAM (!!!) gruden hasn't exactly won anything.

:-X

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

How come Dungy couldn't win a Super Bowl with Dungy's team? If you want to be like that, didn't Dungy win a Super Bowl with Jim Mora's players? Nearly everyone on the Colts' offense was drafted before Dungy got there.

And why do you think Gruden is a jerk? Compared to Dungy, everyone is a jerk.

How come Dungy couldn't win a Super Bowl with Dungy's team? If you want to be like that, didn't Dungy win a Super Bowl with Jim Mora's players? Nearly everyone on the Colts' offense was drafted before Dungy got there.

And why do you think Gruden is a jerk? Compared to Dungy, everyone is a jerk.

i've worked with him (back in 2002) he was ok to me i guess - but treated others poorly. i like to be around people who treat others with respect. thats all. and yes - dungy did win a SB with mora's players. no one is disputing that (i dont think) -- all i was saying is that its not a crime to want the leader of your team to be a nice guy. it doesnt make us bandwagoners to like dungy or to want the head coach to be a classy nice guy. dungy couldn't get it done for some reason with the bucs - heck the last game he coached was embarrassing (the players looked like they didnt have their heart in it at all) - but you can't dispute the fact that he built that team that gurden took to the superbowl and gruden (almost) single handedly dismantled it - even when players like lynch offered to play for less money.

but you can't dispute the fact that he built that team that gurden took to the superbowl

Dungy built the defense, the offense, which was the missing ingredient, was built by Gruden ...

true - dungy was awesome at building a great D. and ill take a great D over a great O any day - gruden's O is what won it for em. he is, however, still a jerk. :)  and given another season with the team he built- who knows what would have happened if dungy didnt get fired...

• Content Count:  1,985

Yeah, you are missing the point.  Dungy is a gentleman, who treated others properly.  He kept life in perspective.  He has the drive and desire to win, and expects nothing less.  The Bucs in that period went from being a team in the cellar with about 50K fans, to having a sold out season ticket stadium with 80K on the wait list.  The Team went from being a laughing stock to finally having respect in the NFL, and because of Tony respect in the community.  He required all position player contracts to have a community service clause.  He had no tolerance for players using drugs, being thugs.  Had he been allowed to coach the Tampa the year Gruden came in I am sure the outcome would have been the same.  Nobody has jumped on or off the bandwagon, where do you see everyone denying their loyalty, they just think the current coach is a pile of dog poo.  He has no community connection, I for one hate the attitude on the sidelines.  Favre, if he puts on another teams jersey will lose all of my respect.  Sit down, take it easy Brett, call Marino and see how it is done. 

We didn't go crazy for the Bucs not recruiting Jenkins, we got pissed at the low life, sneaky ass way they lied to his face.  They told him straight up he was their guy, and then draft around him.. AT  the same position.  It was a crappy thing to do, something a kid does, not an adult.

Archived