• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CFN's Ask the Experts: BCS Coverage

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,468
  • Days Won:  13

No this does not mention USF, but there are some interesting perspectives here.  From a media standpoint, this is yet another reason why it's so much better that USF is in a BCS conference:

How Much Do You Care About the Non-BCSers? What percentage of your mental energy do you use on the non-BCS leagues compared to the BCS conferences?

Stewart Mandel: Not very much. My obligation is to my readers, and they are overwhelmingly more interested in the BCS conferences, as evidenced by both my inbox and by the lack of page views on those occasions I do write about a non-BCS team. This is not to say I ignore the elite teams like BYU, Boise State, etc. I would not be keeping people properly informed if I did. But I can't honestly say I follow the three through nine teams in the Mountain West the way I might the SEC or Big Ten.

Read the rest...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

That's pretty much common knowledge.  It's what sucked being a fan while we were in CUSA (my freshman year).  As hard as I dug to find information there just wasn't enough.  I love being in the BCS!!!!

Archived