• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Beer in Sun Dome

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

ok, cause i know they sell beer during the actual Sugar Bowl and during the chik-fl-a bowl

When I lived in Atlanta I attended a few SEC Championships and Peach Bowls, and neither had beer for sale.  I was surprised by this.

Also, not only do we sell beer for basketball games on campus, we also sell it for BASEBALL GAMES.  Not sure how many places in Division 1A can say that about their baseball programs.  Then again the Baseball Facility is part of the Sun Dome so thats how we can purchase/sell beer.

I went to the UF / Alabama SEC championship game around 2000 or 2001 and I am pretty sure they had beer available.  That being said, I was in a luxury box, but I am 95% certain we had beer......  I would have remembered something like that if we didn't.....

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

That's the loophole. Luxery boxes can have alcohol because they are privately leased. You have to supply your own.

• Content Count:  1,479
  • Days Won:  0

Its by conference, the ACC Basketball Tournament at the Forum a couple years ago did not sell beer. When I went to the USF baseball game vs. UF in May, the gaytors dont sell beer.(we did a "we sell beer" chant btw lol)

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Yep, I recall people in the luxury boxes at the Peach Bowl and SEC Championships were able to drink.  I had general seating and they didn't sell beer at the normal concession stands.  Thought it was very strange with it not being on campus.

What a marketing advantage we have...............We Sell Beer at our Basketball, Football and Baseball Games........Who else can say that?

• Content Count:  883
  • Days Won:  0

Yep, I recall people in the luxury boxes at the Peach Bowl and SEC Championships were able to drink.  I had general seating and they didn't sell beer at the normal concession stands.  Thought it was very strange with it not being on campus.

What a marketing advantage we have...............We Sell Beer at our Basketball, Football and Baseball Games........Who else can say that?

It's definitely one of my favorite parts!!!  I went to a gayturd basketball game this year (first time I ever set foot on UF) and went to the concession to order beer.  Was told they didn't sell alcohol and was very disappointed.  UF SUX.  I love our school.  What's watching sports without beer???  Well, it's still good, but I love having the option. 

Archived