• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East football: Anything could happen

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

UCONN was given two games last year by the refs (Louisville and Temple). Additionally, USF gifted them a game. There is no way that squad has the talent that we do. Just take away those 2 ref blown games and UCONN is 7-5 last year heading into their bowl game. Take away the USF debacle (which will not happen again in Tampa this year) and they were a 6-6 regular season team and they don't even make a bowl game.

LOL.  what's all this "take away this, take away that" stuff?

u can't just take away games u didn't like and discredit the whole team.  take away a blown call on a Marcus Edwards return at FAU and USF never smells the Top 10...  see?

i'm definetely not sold on UConn this year, but u can't discredit what they did last season.

I absolutely can discredit the Temple game, and I think an argument can be made about the U of L game as well. The receiver from Temple CLEARLY caught the pass in-bounds with well under a minute in the game. There would be no ifs or buts about that game, Temple won and was robbed. If it were a bigger named team than Temple (for example, if we had beaten Auburn on a botched call like that) it would have been a much bigger deal than it was.

As far as the U of L game is concerned, it wasn't the last play of the game, so who is to say that it wouldn't have changed the outcome. The point is that UCONN benefited greatly from obvious officiating mistakes and, as a result, won 1, if not 2, additional games as a result. Also, taking into consideration just how bad U of L and Temple were last season, it doesn't say much about UCONN that they needed those calls in home games against some pretty soft competition.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,569
  • Days Won:  29

LOL.  what's all this "take away this, take away that" stuff?

u can't just take away games u didn't like and discredit the whole team.  take away a blown call on a Marcus Edwards return at FAU and USF never smells the Top 10...  see?

100% agree ... it's part of the game and these things happen at different times of the contest.

• Content Count:  1,894
  • Days Won:  0

I remember the Uconn game and I remember that stupid running back ran all over us but it was beacuse of missed tackles. Then we didn't adjust to the screen pass and they used it perfectly. I don't think Uconn was that good but they had a pretty good defense but we will handle them this year.

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

I hate UCONN. Im pretty sure they are one year wonders. Notice how no one really talks about them as being a contender......

I think a lot of people remember the fact they really lost to Temple, and UL if the refs got the calls right, and should have lost to us if we didn't go in the ****** in the first half.  They were a very beatable team with limited firepower and lost a little bit of that fire power.  A lot of what Uconn did last year was done with smoke and mirrors and the concesus has to be that it will be difficult for them to duplicate that again especially going on the road to USF, and RU.  They really lack big play ability at the receiver position, and ditto really at RB, their RB's are good and solid but not McCoy or even Ford types...on defense they're stingy but do lack some serious playmakers on that side of the ball, particularly now that Tyvon Branch has moved on.

Not to mention they lost 2 of their last three, losing 28-3 to Cinci, 66-21 to WVU, and 27-10 to WF....to close out the year.

Archived