• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPN Blog: Big East Freshmen to Watch

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

it doesn't matter what his forty time is. he's a four star power back that will be a perfect complement to noel devine. If they didn't get this kid they were going to be seriously hurting in those short yardage situations. Instead their running game should be the best its ever been.

So having never played a snap in a college game he's going to take their running game to new heights?  How about we see the kid play a game before making such hoopla about him. 

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  117
  • Days Won:  0

schmidt was a beast and they will struggle without that option.

I imagine their five returning O-line starters would disagree with you. Phil Steele has the Mountaineers O-line ranked #4 in the country.

it doesn't matter what his forty time is. he's a four star power back that will be a perfect complement to noel devine. If they didn't get this kid they were going to be seriously hurting in those short yardage situations. Instead their running game should be the best its ever been.

So having never played a snap in a college game he's going to take their running game to new heights?  How about we see the kid play a game before making such hoopla about him. 

You dont have to be a genius to see Kerns will be a impact RB in the BE. Here's a  one game highlight reel.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

:clap  Bravo...yes...thank you.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

You dont have to be a genius to see Kerns will be a impact RB in the BE. Here's a  one game highlight reel.

I think we've all seen plenty of guys who had AMAZING highlight reels, yet never really did a whole lot at the college level.

Why can't we just say, odds are this kid will be very good.

Why not lay off the 3.45 40-yard time garbage and all the other hype and say the guy is a good football player who has a chance to make an impact?

How about our former O-line coach, Greg Frey, who was pretty much considered to be the best O-lineman in the nation coming out of high school, then never did jack at FSU?

"Why can't we just say, odds are this kid will be very good."

I'm all-in...barring injury, eligibilty issues, or suspensions, Kerns will be an impact RB for WVU.

• Content Count:  12,293

what was the name of the other "can't miss" RB that WVU had but he never did anything and isnt with the team anymore?

• Content Count:  108

Schlabach is still a big fat idiot... but he included a Bull on his list:

4. David Bedford, DE, South Florida: A non-qualifier in 2006, the transfer from Independence (Kan.) Community College grew up in Palm Beach Lakes, Florida. He chose the Bulls over West Virginia, Kansas, Kansas State and Iowa State. He is big enough and fast enough to help the Bulls immediately and might garner enough attention from opponents to help All-American George Selvie on the other side of the line.

Read the rest...

Also, check out the comment by "DWeber991":

I expect Bedford to be a star at USF sooner rather than later. He's probably not Selvie in terms of his athleticism, but with some really good OTs leaving the Big East last season, monsters like him should be able to succeed. However, the title says "Freshman to watch" so at WVU, I think that Pahokee LB Jatavious Miller could be a special-teams demon. At USF, look for OT Mark Popek to get significant playing time and possibly start at some point this year. CB George Baker may return kicks, a big time concern at USF.

DWeber is a guy who just graduated this past spring from USF.  He knows more about sports than just about anyone I've ever met, and it has a lot to do with the fact that he is obsessed...but you guys should also check his comments out over at Greg's blog.  He tends to have the most insightful remarks to make.

I think Bedford will definitely jump out and grab the attention of many with Selvie drawing so much attention on the other side.

• Content Count:  849

what was the name of the other "can't miss" RB that WVU had but he never did anything and isnt with the team anymore?

I think it was Michael Gwaltney

Archived