• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is it just me...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  883
  • Days Won:  0

or does it look like the Rays are already on break?  I don't like the way things have been going this week.  I hope this isn't a preview of what we're gonna see in the 2nd half. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,453
  • Days Won:  13

or does it look like the Rays are already on break?  I don't like the way things have been going this week.  I hope this isn't a preview of what we're gonna see in the 2nd half. 

it was a nice lil story, the big boys in the divison will take it from here

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I do :)

• Content Count:  873

I would agree.  They won 7 in a row, playing solid baseball at home.  I think they peaked too early and got overconfident.  The pitching is still good but the defense has slacked and the offense is leaving too many guys in scoring position.

• Content Count:  509

Several theories in the paper today from the players.

James Shields says they are spent from playing a tough schedule.

Crawford says the whole offense is just in a slump right now.

Scott Kazmir says the team is score board watching.

Crawfords is the only one I hope is true.  If Shields or Kazmir are right, all the red sox and yankee fans will be right.  This team will not make it through the second half.

• Content Count:  873

Well the offense is obviously in a slump.  You can see that by watching them swing and miss at fastballs down the middle of the plate.  They got 8 hits last night, they just can't put them together.

• Content Count:  12,293

they can still win these next 2 games and go into the break in 1st place still......

who would of thought that the rays would be in 1st at the all star break?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

Crawfords is the only one I hope is true.  If Shields or Kazmir are right, all the red sox and yankee fans will be right.  This team will not make it through the second half.

I don't like the Shields explanantion. The other two could be true and there still be hope ..... better to get caught up in scoreboard watching in July, address it and correct it now rather than in September. Still have to remember this is uncharted waters for a lot of the players and hopefully the experienced guys can help get through this.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I don't like the Shields explanantion. The other two could be true and there still be hope ..... better to get caught up in scoreboard watching in July, address it and correct it now rather than in September. Still have to remember this is uncharted waters for a lot of the players and hopefully the experienced guys can help get through this.

Your final coment is why the last two probably are the case and shields explanation probably isn't right.

If shields is right, there is a major problem b/c its only going to get tougher...

either of the other two are fixable and happen to most teams at some point in the season.  Just have to ride out the storm.

• Content Count:  509

Your final coment is why the last two probably are the case and shields explanation probably isn't right.

If shields is right, there is a major problem b/c its only going to get tougher...

either of the other two are fixable and happen to most teams at some point in the season.  Just have to ride out the storm.

how much tougher could it get.  they've played the hardest schedule through the first half by far.  the difference between the Rays(1) and Boston(2) in SOS is 0.09.  The difference between Boston(2) and Yankees(9) is 0.09.  Everybody thought they would sink in the month of June, when they had that stretch against White Sox, Boston, Rangers, Angels, Marlins, Cubs, but they came out of June with a 5 game lead.  and, I think Rays still are only team with winning record within the AL East.

Archived