• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Selvie - Best DE in '08 ?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  849
  • Days Won:  0

A lot of people don't realize that Selvie hurt his back during the FAU game but due to lack of depth on the d-line and Selvie's toughness he still played through the pain. If you noticed there was a marked decline in his performance after the FAU game. 

• Content Count:  4,016

That doesn't just sound like a USF green/gold colored glasses analysis.  I'm a bit surprised and hope he doesn't read/believe what it says.  The double teams will still be there and he will have to make a huge effort every play.  No question about the talent and great jump off the ball.

I think his production reduction in the 2nd half of the season had as much to do with double teams as tiring, and injuries.  Selvie was banged up in the 2nd half of the season and wore down from excessive use.  Adding Bedford, and hopefully a few other options should help reduce his use and increase his productivity throughout the year.  Not to mention he's bigger, and stronger than last year and preparing for the extended play.

• Content Count:  4,016

Concerning J. Buie this is it, his money year, i expect big things if he can beat out Bedford

You got it backwards, Bedford has to beat out Buie.  Jarriette is a two year starter, and has made some big plays for us in that time.  Bedford is not walking in as a starter, especially since he just got on campus.

• Content Count:  849

That doesn't just sound like a USF green/gold colored glasses analysis.  I'm a bit surprised and hope he doesn't read/believe what it says.  The double teams will still be there and he will have to make a huge effort every play.  No question about the talent and great jump off the ball.

I think his production reduction in the 2nd half of the season had as much to do with double teams as tiring, and injuries.  Selvie was banged up in the 2nd half of the season and wore down from excessive use.  Adding Bedford, and hopefully a few other options should help reduce his use and increase his productivity throughout the year.  Not to mention he's bigger, and stronger than last year and preparing for the extended play.

Little known fact was that Selvie played at 232 lbs last yr and was still blowing up OTs....this year he's about 10-12 lbs heavier....he's finally listed as his true weight at about 242 lbs.

• Content Count:  3,403

Yeah I remember him missing plays in that FAU game and battling those problems the rest of the season.  Too bad since he was on pace to break the sack record.

The other side should be better this year, as others have said.

• Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  3

Rumor has it he is now over 7 feet tall and spits nails and craps thunder!

Seriously I love the energy and effort this kid gives and hope he can stay healthy and continue playing great.

• Content Count:  2,363

Concerning J. Buie this is it, his money year, i expect big things if he can beat out Bedford

But if he can't, then we'll have the man who beat Buie on the line. I'm ok with that too.

Archived