• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

5 Burning Questions for 2008

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  291
  • Days Won:  0

1)  What will be the tougher conference home game:

Pitt will be the tougher home game, but Rutgers WR will present more of a problem.

2)  Who will be the better starter at cornerback on defense:  Tyller Roberts or Jerome Murphy?

Jerome Murphy,i just think he has the raw talent to be just as great as Jenkins.

3)  What will be the tougher in-state road game:  @ UCF or @ FIU?

UCF, it will be a hostile crowd, but their team won't put up much of a fight imo. They lost to much, and the game is to early in the season for the new squad to gel.

4)  Is this the year our offense takes over as the lead unit, or does the defense find enough playmakers to stay dominant?

I don't think the Offense will take over as the dominant side of the ball, but it will be close. I think they can and will do better than 34.7 PPG.

5)  Last but not least, what is more likely this year:  BCS or St. Pete?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say BCS. I personally think we have all the tools to win this conference this season. The schedule is in our favor except for the West Virginia game. I think if we lose a game it will be to Cincy or Wvu, but more so to the Bearcats. I get the feeling The MountainQueers are gonna drop a major goose egg this season, leaving the BCS for the taking by USF.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

1)  What will be the tougher conference home game:  Pitt or Rutgers?  Who creates a bigger mismatch against us:  Pitt RB's or Rutgers WR's?

Pitt's RB's

2)  Who will be the better starter at cornerback on defense:  Tyller Roberts or Jerome Murphy?

Jerome Murphy

3)  What will be the tougher in-state road game:  @ UCF or @ FIU?

Should be UCF hands down

(Note:  I asked this question back in '06 and got a landslide UCF answer.  Well, we all remember what happened that year, so this is much tougher than it looks.  Also, we are opening FIU's brand new on campus stadium.)

4)  Is this the year our offense takes over as the lead unit, or does the defense find enough playmakers to stay dominant?

I think it will be the defense-  unless  the OC can come up with some better plays- ones that I can't call from my seat

5)  Last but not least, what is more likely this year:  BCS or St. Pete?

I hope BCS that game in  Cincinatti and being in Morgantown in Decembe against the couch burners could be tough - please not St Pete.

Archived