• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

RayJay to be the Neutral Site for Irish/Canes?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

ND will never willingly play the 'Canes again.

Not so sure of this.  What is your reasoning?  But UM does need ND more than the other way around.  ND could schedule anyone to play in Orlando and sell it out.  ND is trying to get a foothole in Florida for recruiting purposes with this neutral site game.  It makes sense to play UM anywhere in the state except for their home field.    

Miami-ND used to be the greatest rivalry in sports at one time. Between 87-89 the winner of that game went onto win the National Championship. It was a very heated series. ND came out with the shirt "Catholics vs. the Convicts." Miami came back with the best shirt ever:

God Made Notre Dame #1

Miami Made Them #2

The crowds were excessively rowdy. In time ND removed Miami off the schedule (no Irish fan will ever admit it) and since has refused every single request, and Miami pretty much asks every year. I don't see why any of that would change. The Irish have cited the rowdyness and negative publicity as reasons.

• Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  3

Growing up an Irish fan in South Florida (not an easy thing to do) I went to most of those games and as USF fans found out a few years ago the Orange bowl and the Canes fans were beyond awful.  Not sure what effect playing in Dolphin Stadium will have, but I seriously doubt ND goes for this. 

As far as their recruiting class weren't we very hopefull a few would pick us over the U (spence, streeter, etc).  That being said I agree their recruits have not really panned out as of late..wonder if they were not as good as advertised or if the coaching was that poor..or both?

Either way I am looking forward to USF kicking both their butts in the future

• Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

I think they would go to Jacksonville before Tampa.

Archived