• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Challenge to our Students

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Why do you automatically link "big donors" with the people that leave early?

Wouldn't you think that someone donating to the program would have a vested interest in the team, and want to watch and hope the impossible would happen?

It would seem to me that if there are empty seats down front on or near the 50, there's your proof that big donors left early, or didn't come at all, as one would need to be a big donor to get into those seats.

And while I think it's reasonable to assume that someone donating would have vested interest in the team, that isn't always the case. Other likely scenarios are that they simply want the tax write-off, the opportunity to entertain when it's "convenient" (leaving the seats empty when it's not), giving to the alma mater seemed the "right thing to do", or they've just got tons of money to throw around and squandering the cost of their tickets means very little to them.

USF only has about 100 people that donate $10,000 or more to athletics annually.  Those are the people that I would define as "big donors".  So, to be quite honest I don't give a crap if those 100 people don't even show up.  They are hardly leaving a defining footprint on the look/feel of the stadium.

And until the stadium is full of people holding season tickets as opposed to walking up and buying one for $20 there will be people leaving early.  That's it.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  760
  • Days Won:  0

No matter what there will be people who try to beat traffic, period. Let them go, it makes leaving the parking lot a lot easier for the rest of us. Ofcourse its even easier to leave after a post-tailgate  ;D

• Content Count:  12,293

Why do you automatically link "big donors" with the people that leave early?

You're assertion is unsubstantiated, and in my opinion false.  Hence it is that of a clown.

why does my comment offend you so much?  and why are you trying to talk like you are involved in some sort of litigation?  this is a message board. 

as other members of this message board have already stated in this thread...a lot of our big donors (or people who have season tickets inbetween the 20 yard lines) tend to leave early or not show up.  making it seem like our fans dont care about this program.  it is a bad look when someone in ohio or kansas tunes into a USF game and they see a ton of red seats in the camera shot.  even though we clearly have another 20,000 people tucked away in the endzones this is what the country sees.  seeing is believing. 

i clearly struck a nerve with you and got your panties in a bunch for whatever reason i dont know. 

like i said, i was "CHALLENGING" the big donors to show up, stay, or get someone to use the tickets they aren't using.  as for proof from other programs...other then watching college football my whole life and never seeing an empty sideline for a big time program...i dont know what other proof you are looking for. 

my proof is being at the games and seeing it with my own eyes...and then watching highlights on tv and seeing red seats in sections that only someone who makes a big donation (or original season ticket holder) would be. 

• Content Count:  108

I can not wait lets get this $hit started

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I REALLY wish they would bring back this intro video.  I twas absolutely fantastic!  It got that stadium extremely juiced to kick things off.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,561
  • Days Won:  29

These big donors that don't show up or stay the whole game are "giving" an unmeasurable amount of support. We wouldn't be where we are without them.

It took along time for students to show up.

I would rather have people leave early than boo our team.

Back to the subject ... Just imagine what Kansas is in for  ;D

ET....you are acting like i said "Donors suck"  i just wish they would do a better job of making sure their seats were being used.

as for the students....they have been showing up strong since we consistently got a decent home schedule.  it was tough to get solid support week in and week out from kids who grew up gator, fsu, miami fans when our best home opponet is bowling green.

i dont think anyone can doubt the student support in the last 3 seasons. 

and since when did the word "challenge" become a negative word?  i didnt take ET's original post as any negative remark towards the students.  just like my original comment shouldnt of been taken negative by any donor. 

it just sucks when i go to the biggest home game in our schools history and i see so many WVU fans sitting in seats that are clearly owned by season ticket holders. 

everything takes time but to get upset by what i said is childs play. 

for the record i am a "donor" and season ticket holder myself.  far from being mistaken for a "big donor" but i give my hard earned money none the less.  maybe when im in my mid 30s, 40s or 50s I can get up to that level along with other "new" alumni and we can change some of the tide. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,561
  • Days Won:  29

ET....you are acting like i said "Donors suck"  ...   

How ? By me applauding their actions ?  ::)

You wish "they" would come ... and stay.

I wish MORE USF fans would come and stay ... students, donors(large & small) and game day fans alike.

USF's fan base is growing and it will be a HOT ticket very soon.

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

I also wish everyone would come and stay for the entire game, no matter who the opponent is.

I get very ticked when someone from the opposing team comes and sits in the donor sections- why do people give these seats away?

ET....you are acting like i said "Donors suck"  ...   

How ? By me applauding their actions ?  ::)

sorry...i was confusing your comments with Bull Martin.  i tried going through the "topic summary" at the bottom of the quote box and it got a little confusing with quotes and whatnot.  i meant to say that Bull Martin was acting like i said Donors Suck when I was just asking that they try to get more USF fans to use the tickets they don't want.

Archived