• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Do we have two verbals over N.d.?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  176
  • Days Won:  0

Thought i read where two of our kids had interest from N.D.?

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Thought i read where two of our kids had interest from N.D.?

Kamran Joyer had interest from ND, but I don't think they had offered him:

06-16-2008, 10:24 PM   

irishunclebill

3 more OL come off the board today, 2 un-offered OG's, Andre Harris & Kamran Joyer, and 1 offered OT, Michael Schofield.

ND currently has 1 offer to an uncommitted OG, Chris Watt, and 5 offers to uncommitted OT's, Nixon, Alajajian, Su'a Filo, Lowe, and Martin.

http://www.goldhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=6653&page=8

Tilden, are you posting on the ND board?  ::)

No

Good.  ;D

Tilden, Notre Dame was also interested in Chase Griffiths:

May 14, 2008

Tallahassee linebacker Griffiths commits to Bulls

Chase Griffiths, a 6-foot-4, 220-pound linebacker who helped Tallahassee North Florida Christian School to the state championship game as a junior, made an oral commitment to USF on Tuesday.

"It's a can't-miss," NFCS coach Tim Cokely said Wednesday morning. "A kid that size who can run and is a full qualifier, there's going to be a lot of interest. Florida State and Notre Dame were interested, but he knew he wanted to play down there. He can really run, so I'd say his best attribute is his agility."

Griffiths, recruited to USF by receivers coach Mike Canales, had 92 tackles in the regular season as a junior, including four sacks and eight tackles for loss. Including playoff games, Scout.com lists him with 120 tackles and four forced fumbles. According to Flavarsity.com, USF was Griffiths' first written scholarship offer, though he had verbal offers from Rutgers, N.C. State and East Carolina. You can see a highlight video of Griffiths on the NFCS website, nflchurch.com.

Griffiths is USF's second commitment for its 2009 class, joining Dunedin running back Adaris Bellamy. Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas receiver Dwayne Difton had committed to the Bulls but has since re-opened his recruitment, though USF remains his top choice.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2008/05/tallahassee-lin.html

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

We're starting to see more and more of this every year.  ND might not have offered any of our kids, but they are definitely looking at some of them.  Shows we're on the right track when the NDs, UFs, and UMs of the world are mentioned with us.

We're starting to see more and more of this every year.  ND might not have offered any of our kids, but they are definitely looking at some of them.  Shows we're on the right track when the NDs, UFs, and UMs of the world are mentioned with us.

Well quite a few of our verbals have been OFFERED by Tenn and Auburn as well as other big time SEC football schools, and I'm sure they don't like it one bit.  ;D

It's just a matter of time for more Florida players to turn down UF, FSU and Miami in favor of USF. We've had more success going against FSU recently than the other two, but it'll happen before too long.

Ohio State was also very interested in Victor Marc. In fact, some sites reported that they had offered him. Their fans dispute that.

There is a three page thread on him on their message board which I found quite interesting.

http://www.buckeyeplanet.com/forum/2009-football-recruiting/602631-09-fl-ath-victor-marc-usf-verbal.html

Edit: I mistakenly thought this thread was about Ohio State and that's why I posted the info on Marc. I could delete it, but figured I'd leave it here, just in case anyone wanted to read their thread on him.

They also have threads on USF verbals James Green and Ricardo Dixon, as well as a number of threads on other players USF is recruiting.

http://www.buckeyeplanet.com/forum/2009-football-recruiting/602816-09-fl-wr-james-green-usf-verbal.html

http://www.buckeyeplanet.com/forum/2009-football-recruiting/606298-09-fl-cb-ricardo-dixon-usf-verbal.html

Archived