• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This is just to much.... Tampa 2nd best sports city in USA. LOL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I still go back to those saying NY is great, maybe, but your football teams do not even play in your state!!!!!  And how long does it take to go from long island to the meadowlands, about as long as the drive up 75 to Gainesville.

They play in NJ but you understand they are New York teams though, right?  If they werent they would be called the New Jersey Giants.  The JEts are located in Hempstead, New York.  There is no room for a stadium.  Its a lot easier to throw a stadium in these other hick cities but not The Big Apple.  That why a house that goes for 100K down here goes for $400K up there.  Supply and Demand my friends.  The demand to live in NY is 1000X that than in Tampa and most places.   

Seems you never been to New York because a drive from Long Island to the Meadowlands can vary from if you lived in Brooklyn or Queens (both on LI) it would take 20 minutes, if you lived in Nassau County where i lived, 30 minutes, if you lived in Suffolk county it varies from 40 minutes to 2 hours, it is a long island and not many people in Suffolk, the Hamptons or Montauk point are not coming out for Jets/Giants games, nor does the fanbase need them to. 

New York is the #1 sports city in the world and its not even close.  Who cares about these Johnny come lately cities.  NY will always be there and always win championships consistently, thats why every commissioner of each sport wants their championship to have a New york team in it. 

Its logic:

If the biggest and best city is in out championship, THEN we will make more money.  how simple is that???

I agree with almost everything but best sports city in the world, thats a bit of a stretch.  London might have something to say about that.  Barcelona is ridiculous as well. 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  701
  • Days Won:  0

Trust me, I do not want Tampa associated with the Gators.  Since before football I complained to no end to the Trib that USF is the home school and should get the banner respect the second largest university in the state (at least at the time) being in TAMPA should receive.  I was simply agreeing with the author, that UF is not out of range for sports, that is all.

I still go back to those saying NY is great, maybe, but your football teams do not even play in your state!!!!!  And how long does it take to go from long island to the meadowlands, about as long as the drive up 75 to Gainesville.

Tampa Rays dont even play in Tampa.

your fan base should be HUGE then since you're the FLORIDA MARLINS....  every game should be sold out!!  we're gonna sell you the whole seat, but you're only gonna need the edge of it kinda stuff!!

i mean geez.. we got the short end of the stick with just Tampa Bay

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

I'm sure when the Miami Herald has an article like this, Miami is right up there with the best ...

Well , hey they have a few great football programs down there(HS)

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Trust me, I do not want Tampa associated with the Gators.  Since before football I complained to no end to the Trib that USF is the home school and should get the banner respect the second largest university in the state (at least at the time) being in TAMPA should receive.  I was simply agreeing with the author, that UF is not out of range for sports, that is all.

Tampa Rays dont even play in Tampa.

your fan base should be HUGE then since you're the FLORIDA MARLINS....  every game should be sold out!!  we're gonna sell you the whole seat, but you're only gonna need the edge of it kinda stuff!!

i mean geez.. we got the short end of the stick with just Tampa Bay

Sold out is tough in a football stadium, the rays could never do that.

Archived