• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

This is just to much.... Tampa 2nd best sports city in USA. LOL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

He mentions all the extra events in tampa, but doesn't mention all of atlanta's events, SEC Championship in bball and football, chick filet bowl, fill in for Sugar Bowl, final four site, etc.  Braves get a ton more support then the Rays.  I am in Tampa, and would agree, we are in the top 20 sports towns in the country, but not #2.  Boston, Philly, New York, Pittsburgh,  Detroit, Denver, Chicago are all clearly ahead of us. 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  701
  • Days Won:  0

I was there the night Bogg's pitched the last two innings.  And the night Canseco told me to kiss his ass because I heckled him for lack of hustle. 

What I was conveying is that Tampa is a great town for sports opportunity, and did not even get into all the individual participation sports, etc.  But, look , you can get to a sporting event weekly here.  Two PGA events, LPGA event (Polk City), DUramed (Lkd), Boat races.... there is a lot of sports in our community. 

you must a big man to heckle canseco! lol

• Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Re Atlanta, if you want to bring the major university in the city into the discussion and compare USF vs. GT...sorry Bulls fans no comparison, GT kicks our a$$ in support and winning tradition.  GT has a NC in football - sells out most of their games, is consistently very good in basketball and sells out most of their games, is always top 25 in baseball and sells out most of thier games.  

Atlanta is a better sports town than Tampa overall even if you don't compare USF vs. GT.  Falcons games were sold out when Vick was here, Braves get three times the spport of the Rays.  The Hawks?  Well they're getting better and Tampa doesn't veen have a basketball team.  Hockey is an even draw, despite Tampa's Stanley Cup.

• Content Count:  1,985

I was there the night Bogg's pitched the last two innings.  And the night Canseco told me to kiss his ass because I heckled him for lack of hustle. 

What I was conveying is that Tampa is a great town for sports opportunity, and did not even get into all the individual participation sports, etc.  But, look , you can get to a sporting event weekly here.  Two PGA events, LPGA event (Polk City), DUramed (Lkd), Boat races.... there is a lot of sports in our community. 

you must a big man to heckle canseco! lol

No just stupid, and did not think the steroid head would really hear me let alone react..

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

I'm sure when the Miami Herald has an article like this, Miami is right up there with the best ...

i think its funny how many times i've been told im a band wagon fan because of my new Rays Hat.  I've been to plenty... even the one where Wade Boggs pitched.  Anyone else remember that? :)  

Wade Boggs was a Ray??

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,374
  • Days Won:  13

i think its funny how many times i've been told im a band wagon fan because of my new Rays Hat.  I've been to plenty... even the one where Wade Boggs pitched.  Anyone else remember that? :)  

Wade Boggs was a Ray??

most "lifelong" Rays fans dont even know that

Wade Boggs was a Ray??

most "lifelong" Rays fans dont even know that

;)

• Content Count:  2,307

Wow. This guy is a moron.

The straw that broke the camels back: "Throw in the Bulls, Gators, the..."

NO! You dont throw in the Gators in our city. What an idiot.

O yea, New York should be #2.

I agree, NY should be #2.  We follow our teams through thick and thin and everything in between.

Now Boston #1....ugh.  I hate ANYTHING Boston related...I HATE how they're #1 in that stupid blog....but....I must admit....they are #1 right now.

• Content Count:  3,574

I agree with the #1 city...

:)

Archived