• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

NCAA 09 USF Season Simulation....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Days Won:  2

wow.  i had no idea that both of these consoles cost $350-$400 new.

they've been out for a year or more and they still cost an arm and a leg...  if i can't find a reasonably priced used one on eBay, i think i'll stick with the PS2 version.

i'm not dropping half a stack just so i can play NCAA09.

another question--- what's all this "20 gigabyte/40 gigabyte hard drive" **** all about?  if this is going to be like buying a computer i think i'm going to pass.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

yea ill be buying my PS2 version for 39.99.

ya'll can have your PS3s and XBoxs.  and their 69.99 games.  i dont play enough video games for that to make any kind of sense. 

kinda OT but i read an article last week that said Sony is losing BILLIONS of dollars on the PS3 right now cause its so expensive to make.  they actually sell them at a loss.  so dont count on that price point dropping at all.

i dont think Sony or Microsoft were expecting Nintendo to make such a strong comeback with the Wii and kick their ass. 

• Content Count:  2,034
  • Days Won:  20

The 360 is supposed to be getting a price drop pretty soon. I still think it'll cost close to three big ones though so it won't be much of a difference. You can always buy a used one from GameStop but this generation of consoles tends to break more easily than ever. I've been through two 360s but my Nintendo from 1985 still works perfect lol. I wouldn't reccommend the risk.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

they've been out for a year or more and they still cost an arm and a leg...  if i can't find a reasonably priced used one on eBay, i think i'll stick with the PS2 version.

i'm not dropping half a stack just so i can play NCAA09.

another question--- what's all this "20 gigabyte/40 gigabyte hard drive" **** all about?  if this is going to be like buying a computer i think i'm going to pass.

The hard drives are useless.  You can load music and all sorts of crap onto your systems, but I still don't understand why.  Computers have a better interface and at least for me I have a 5.1 surround sound system on my computer and not on my game system set up.

I was a little confused why you were buying the system exclusively for NCAA 09 as they are expensive, but I wasn't gunna judge.

Here's the break down if you have a really expensive TV and you're in to Audio video Tech stuff buy a PS3.  The Blue Ray player in the PS3 is one of the best on the market and many people buy them just for the player (as stand alone players are equivalently priced).

If all you want to do is play games on your standard run off the mill $300 or less TV.  Get an xbox.  They are far cheaper, but the downside is you have to pay for on-line play.  "Real" gamers use computers so it's a moot point to them to them.

I personally like the xbox.

The 360 is supposed to be getting a price drop pretty soon. I still think it'll cost close to three big ones though so it won't be much of a difference. You can always buy a used one from GameStop but this generation of consoles tends to break more easily than ever. I've been through two 360s but my Nintendo from 1985 still works perfect lol. I wouldn't reccommend the risk.

yeah, i coulda sworn i saw an advertizement for the 360 at $269 or something like that, just the basic console with 1 controller.

i can swing that, but $350 + the $70 game is just too **** much, especially if the  systems are cheap and break easy.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Yeah, the first gen xbox's tend to break (I went through 4... very frustrating).  Used xboxs are not really recomended.

Mods you can probably move this to the Trough.  We can make a new simulation thread on tuesday when the game comes out.

I was a little confused why you were buying the system exclusively for NCAA 09 as they are expensive, but I wasn't gunna judge.

well it wasn't exclusively for NCAA09, but that would be about 85% of its usage.

the ONLY [literally] game i play on the ps2 is NCAA football, and i was actually hoping to get into some other games on one of the new systems.  the new GTA being one, and i've never played HALO so that was a big draw for the XBox.

plus i'm a substitute teacher and i asked some of my students before the end of the year which system was better for general gaming, and to a kid [middle and high school] they all said XBox.

• Content Count:  2,478

Xbox 360 is having a $50 Price drop starting on sunday. Just to let you know.

Xbox 360 is having a $50 Price drop starting on sunday. Just to let you know.

cool.  thanks.  i knew i saw an ad for it.

• Content Count:  1,894

OK, As far as online gameplay. Xbox.

Games selection right now. Xbox.

Sports games. Neither because they haven't truly figured it out. Nothing plays as smooth as Ncaa football 06-07 on Ps2 or Mvp baseball not college on ps2. But sports are better on Playstation as a whole.

P.S.PS3 has not created games to their full potential yet, so expect playstation to make a late run with all the games coming out and have the games drastically improve.

and Halo is by far the best online game to play with others like Gears of war, and Call of Duty coming in close.

The xbox's that are coming out now are mainly free of errors and don't give you the redlight, thats the benefit of waiting until they make their updates and not buying stuff right when it comes out.

If your going to spend that much money on the system, I'd do with the ps3 because xbox has everything out already and I know many of the people I know traded their xbox's for Ps3's

Archived