• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

NCAA 09 USF Season Simulation....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,478
  • Days Won:  0

Anybody play on XboxLive?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

I used to, but I got sick of 1) people waiting to see what team I picked (almost always USF) and then picking someone like USC, and 2) when I'm whipping their ass regardless, they go on and quit before the 1st quarter is over.

I ran a slot motion option on the first offensive play once, broke it for a 76 yard TD and the dude (who was playing as a team rated vastly higher than us, don't remember who though) quite before the extra point. It's stuff like that that keeps me from playing online

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

i'm a PS2 player and have purchased NCAA for the PS2 for the last 3 seasons.

i'm not buying it for PS2 this year, because the updates are always minimal...

so i'm going to buy a new system...  should i cop a PS3 or a XBox360?

• Content Count:  184

Get whichever system the majority of your friends have. It's no fun having a game on the 'wrong system', while all your friends are playing across either the PSN or Live.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I used to, but I got sick of 1) people waiting to see what team I picked (almost always USF) and then picking someone like USC, and 2) when I'm whipping their ass regardless, they go on and quit before the 1st quarter is over.

I ran a slot motion option on the first offensive play once, broke it for a 76 yard TD and the dude (who was playing as a team rated vastly higher than us, don't remember who though) quite before the extra point. It's stuff like that that keeps me from playing online

You should play GTA IV online, Billy.  I am addicted to Hangman's NOOSE and GTA Race.

Are you going to get 09 when it comes out?  I am going to wait until it is down under $50.

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

You should play GTA IV online, Billy.  I am addicted to Hangman's NOOSE and GTA Race.

Are you going to get 09 when it comes out?  I am going to wait until it is down under $50.

I have yet to delve into GTA IV's online play. Haven't played a whole lot lately since I've been busy. But I'll be getting '09 and expect to be playing it out in a week's time

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

Get whichever system the majority of your friends have. It's no fun having a game on the 'wrong system', while all your friends are playing across either the PSN or Live.

most of my NCAA Football-playing friends are in the same situation i'm in--- they're upgrading from PS2 just for this game.

so i'm more concerned with which system has the best graphics, gameplay and most games.

• Content Count:  1,894

I will always say if you want sports go with playstation. The gameplay just feels much better. I have 360 only for halo, I hardly play the madden because its unrealistic.

• Content Count:  1,981

most of my NCAA Football-playing friends are in the same situation i'm in--- they're upgrading from PS2 just for this game.

so i'm more concerned with which system has the best graphics, gameplay and most games.

Get a PS3, play for free online, graphics are great, and you get a nice blu-ray player at the same time.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Get a PS3, play for free online, graphics are great, and you get a nice blu-ray player at the same time.

I use the Xbox 360, but if you don’t' play a lot of games and are really only looking at sports games; I'd agree to go with the PS3.  The free on-line play is the biggest advantage that PS3 has.  PS3s cost more, but at $10 a month for on-line play after a year and a half Xbox’s cost more (though the on-line system is a lot better, but insignificant for on-line sports games).

The Blue Ray player is nice, but it requires a significant TV (52"+ size and outstanding resolution) to even scientifically (it may seem better, but it's not) tell the difference between blue ray and HD.

Hope that helps

Archived