• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pitts schedule could be our advantage #25 Rivals Countdown

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

I think there are four key games that will determine our season

Kansas

Pitt

Cincy

West Virginia

We also need to figure out how to win in Louisville so that will be a key game as well.

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

that freshman WR sounds pretty scary.  6'6" 230 and runs a 4.5.  too bad he doesnt have anyone to throw the ball to him.

• Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

that freshman WR sounds pretty scary.  6'6" 230 and runs a 4.5.  too bad he doesnt have anyone to throw the ball to him.

Jonathan Baldwin??    Look for him to redshirt.

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

usf cant take one game for granted

usf isnt that good

We are MUCH better than you are giving us credit for, but you are correct, we can't take any game for granted.  Especially Pitt.

I think Smazza may not give us enough credit, however I think we are closer to where Smazza thinks we are then the majority on this site that cant take off the Grenn and Gold Shades.

But where is that really?  What do you think smazza is right about?  On some days if you believe smazza we aren't even a top 50 ball club, and have no right to boast whatsoever.  So what is right?  Where should the 'Green and Gold Shades' crew assume our team is?

Obviously we're a team capable of competing for the conference title, obviously we're a team capable of making the top 25, and obviously we're a team capable of beating top 25 teams on any given Saturday.  That is not "Green and Gold Shades" that just the facts based on what we've done and have proven to be capable of...so, the question is with that type of lofty capability why is assuming a team is capable of being say 11-1 wearing "Green and Gold Glasses?"  Remember last year we were 12 pts away from being undefeated.  I am not saying we should have won those games, but even the games we lost, sans the bowl game, we had every conceivable shot at winning. 

The way I see it the team has now given us the right to hope for a top 10 finish and a conference championship.  They've given every fan the right to assume that is a possibility.  This team is most definitely a top 30, and with the right breaks and the right players stepping up maybe even top 10.  The semantical argument is where you think we fall within that bracket of expectation, but I would argue that to often smazza's comments don't even give us credit for that, and therefore he's not accurate either.  So predict away, but I think if rivals has us in the top 20 their prediction is probably much closer to the truth since the past two years we've fallen just short of making that a reality.

Kansas

Pitt

Cincy

West Virginia

We also need to figure out how to win in Louisville so that will be a key game as well.

I don't think you understand just how depleted Louisville is... they probably won't win a single Big East game this season -- even the mighty, mighty Orange of Syracuse will beat the Cardinals.

I agree with the rest of your statements, however.

Kansas will be a Top 15 maybe Top 10 team by the time they get to Tampa.  A big Friday night game.  If this were on the road, I'd really be concerned.  But at home, in front of what is sure to be a sell-out crowd -- our home field advantage will be the edge the Bulls need.

Pitt will also be a Top 15-20 team and undefeated when they get to RayJay.  USF's first Thursday night game., Fowler, Herbstreit, and Corso in the box. National TV audience.  I am betting this has the same environment as West Virginia last year. Large crowd and VERY loud!

Cincinnati will be, in my opinion, the best measuring stick.  In all likelihood, USF will be undefeated and in the Top 10 going into this game.  On the road. Short week. Thursday night TV.  (See also Rutgers - 2007).  The only difference is the Cincy offense is not as good as the Rutgers offense. This could be a 10-7 or 13-10 game.

West Virginia.  Ah yes. Ending another season in Morgantown.  Oh the fun we could have.  USF has 13 days to prepare for this game -- while WVU will be coming off their Backyard Brawl just 8 days before.  If WVU plays to it's potential, this could be two 11-0 teams vying for a spot in the National Championship game.  However, I think WVU will not be as good as advertised.  I think they will lose a couple games they should win.  And this will be a noon kickoff with a chance for USF to show the country that we have supplanted the 'Eers as the Big East pre-eminent power.

(I really think USF clinches the Big East at home against Connecticut -- because WVU will lose more than 1 game.)

I may be too much of a homer here, but as S_Bien said - USF has the talent to win every game this year.  They will start the season ranked, so the added pressure of being a Top 10 team will not be as overpowering as it was last year.  They also know what it's like to be on the big stage with everyone focusing on them -- losing 3 in a row last year, and getting blown out in the Sun Bowl may be the best thing that could have happened to this team.

The Bulls will be favorites in every game (with the possible exception of WVU).  No more underdog status (at least in Vegas).  And everyone will be looking to knock the Bulls down.

Man, I may be a homer, but this is going to be one FUN ride.  Buckle up and hang on tight.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Kansas

Pitt

Cincy

West Virginia

I don't think you understand just how depleted Louisville is... they probably won't win a single Big East game this season -- even the mighty, mighty Orange of Syracuse will beat the Cardinals.

If the USF TEAM has the same opinion, we won't stand a chance @UL.

I remember all those years when UL fans on message boards were ridiculing USF after shellacking us, only to get their clocks cleaned in Tampa. I'm certainly not going to do the same thing. Bad KARMA.

Archived