• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

CJL on NBC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  557
  • Days Won:  0

DON'T LET THE LIBERAL MEDIA TELL YOU HOW TO THINK AND FEEL!  IF YOU HAVE HATE IN YOUR HEART, LET IT OUT!

- Clayton Bigsby

:ROFLMAO

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I'll take whatever USF coverage I can get on NBC, since I think they're heavily UF-slanted in their college sports coverage. Bay News 9 does a great job of giving USF some love though.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,370
  • Days Won:  13

I'll take whatever USF coverage I can get on NBC, since I think they're heavily UF-slanted in their college sports coverage. Bay News 9 does a great job of giving USF some love though.

But Rock Riley is a tool

• Content Count:  1,235

I thought it was a good piece. I caught it by mistake, im more of a Fox 13 type of guy.

I could tell by the john mccain sig. Fox has you republicans trained perfectly to avoid the "liberal media" which just so happens to be every media outlet except for ones owned by them. What a coincidence! But it cant just be a marketing ploy, why would they lie to you like that?

LOL. And off to the Mad Cow we go..

Im sorry but i had to say it. Having brand loyalty to a news program is one of the most rediculous things you can do, and unfortunately fox has crafted an excellent marketing campaign to ensure that they can trick people into doing just that. The whole point of free media is so that you DONT subject yourself to propoganda. Im not saying dont watch fox, i watch fox, but you are a fool if you only watch fox. If you actually want to know whats going on in the world, watch multiple news agencys, flip around, check the internet, and even watch some of the BBC, just please dont turn on the same one every night and only accept info from them. Thats exactly what this media system was set up to prevent against.

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

I thought it was a good piece. I caught it by mistake, im more of a Fox 13 type of guy.

I could tell by the john mccain sig. Fox has you republicans trained perfectly to avoid the "liberal media" which just so happens to be every media outlet except for ones owned by them. What a coincidence! But it cant just be a marketing ploy, why would they lie to you like that?

LOL. And off to the Mad Cow we go..

Im sorry but i had to say it. Having brand loyalty to a news program is one of the most rediculous things you can do, and unfortunately fox has crafted an excellent marketing campaign to ensure that they can trick people into doing just that. The whole point of free media is so that you DONT subject yourself to propoganda. Im not saying dont watch fox, i watch fox, but you are a fool if you only watch fox. If you actually want to know whats going on in the world, watch multiple news agencys, flip around, check the internet, and even watch some of the BBC, just please dont turn on the same one every night and only accept info from them. Thats exactly what this media system was set up to prevent against.

I agree, get your news from mutiple sources.  However, if you want a balanced source of news outlets, it's hard to do.  There seem to be more outlets leaning toward the liberal point of view, than conservative.  So that, if an individual wants to listen to a more traditional conservative viewpoint to balance things out, he pretty much has to watch fox and/or listen to talk radio.  If all things were equal, it would be a 50/50 split conservative/liberal viewpoint on news media, but it doesn't seem to be that way, imho. 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815

All americans should watch/read at least some International news sources. It's eye opening sometimes to see our country and our news through the eyes of the world instead of a media that caters directly to americans. I think it helps to make you more openminded about things whether you're liberal or conservative.

All americans should watch/read at least some International news sources. It's eye opening sometimes to see our country and our news through the eyes of the world instead of a media that caters directly to americans. I think it helps to make you more openminded about things whether you're liberal or conservative. 

True.  If you do not have time to read papers, catch the news on the telly.

BBC America has a good news program at 10:00 -- worth checking out.  An 11:00pm version is on PBS stations (WUSF, WEDU)

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

You also owe it to yourself to make your news experience more interactive. If someone makes a claim on the news, research it yourself. If you're into politics, read blogs and Web sites that cover multiple angles, like Politico or Real Clear Politics. And for God's sake, have an internal filter that tells you what is news and what is not news. If I see another story like the one about how people think McCain would be a better dog owner than Obama, it's going to make me wretch. Anyone who goes to the polls and votes based on who would take better care of their Schnookums while they're on vacation ought to be deported.

• Content Count:  1,981

All americans should watch/read at least some International news sources. It's eye opening sometimes to see our country and our news through the eyes of the world instead of a media that caters directly to americans.  

Right on. I just watched a very interesting, and sad program about the Death Penalty in the US on TVE (an international news channel from Spain). There was no host, no drama a la Dateline, just interviews with all parties involved including with the two sets of victims (the families of the death row immate, and the families of the murdered victims.)  Lots of good international programming out there, too bad we get the crappy version of BBC and the endless reality shows.

Archived