• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

all star selections

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,448
  • Days Won:  13

Francona picking varitek is a freaking joke.  He can't hit or throw.

His peers picked him, and I think they know more about Baseball than you.

Ok, then what's their justification for a .218 hitter that can't thow. 

.218 hitter shouldnt be on  an allstar team

Precisely why fans shouldn't vote.  They should come up with a better system.  A group of people with a little less bias maybe.  Perhaps sports writers (though journalist integrity went out the window years ago).

THE FANS DID NOT VOTE HIM IN. THE PLAYERS DID. Should the players not be allowed to vote?

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Precisely why fans shouldn't vote.  They should come up with a better system.  A group of people with a little less bias maybe.  Perhaps sports writers (though journalist integrity went out the window years ago).

THE FANS DID NOT VOTE HIM IN. THE PLAYERS DID. Should the players not be allowed to vote?

Dude, I don't watch baseball.  But the players are just as biased as the fans.  So no they shouldn't vote.

It's the same as the coach’s poll in NCAA football.  Of course the coaches are probably the most knowing of the sport, but that poll is horrendously biased.

Dude, I don't watch baseball.  But the players are just as biased as the fans.  So no they shouldn't vote.

It's the same as the coach’s poll in NCAA football.  Of course the coaches are probably the most knowing of the sport, but that poll is horrendously biased.

read the thread then, it was discussed.

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

If David Wright doesnt make the all star game it will show the system is a joke. 

I can name 10 catchers in the AL i would want over Varitek.  He must be a swell guy

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Then who picks the teams? The commissioner's office? They'll fill the teams with ratings-friendly players. The managers? They don't have time for that. The fans? That's almost always a disaster.

Everyone is biased to some degree. I'd kind of like to see the GMs and scouting directors of every team vote on these teams, but I don't think that will ever happen.

If David Wright doesnt make the all star game it will show the system is a joke. 

I can name 10 catchers in the AL i would want over Varitek.  He must be a swell guy

Pat and David are both deserving

Archived