• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Maybe we can steal OT from NJ

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

CHIBANE DRAWING OFFERS: Paramus football coach Dan Sabella says senior-to-be Zach Chibane's size and agility has drawn interest from colleges.

Chibane, who is being recruited as an offensive tackle, stands 6 feet 5, 285 pounds, and has offers from the University of South Florida and Temple.

The scary thing is that Chibane apparently hasn't reached his physical potential.

"He's still got a lot of maturing to do, physically," Sabella said.

Chibane probably won't be making a commitment any time soon, but the process seems to have had a positive impact.

"Even though he's got these offers, all it has done is made him work harder," Sabella said. "It has done wonders for his confidence."

http://www.northjersey.com/hssports/Familiarity_eases_recruiting_road.html

Jersey OT lands his first offer

By Mike Farrell, Recruiting Analyst

Jun 6, 10:57 am EDT

Paramus, N.J. offensive tackle Zack Chibane pulled in his first offer last week. The 6-foot-5, 288-pounder landed the scholarship from one of the top teams in the Big East.

“I got an offer from South Florida,†he said. “My initial reaction was that it was one of the most exciting moments of my life. They were the No. 2 team in the nation at one point last year and a big-time school.

“I haven’t watched too much of them, but I saw the Rutgers game. They have a good football program and a nice campus. My grandma lives down there so that is good.â€Â

The Bulls may have pulled the trigger, but other schools are interested.

“I’m basically hearing from all the schools in the Big East along with Temple, Delaware and Maryland,†he said. “My June is packed with camps to see more schools.

“On Sunday I’m going to Temple, then next Saturday to Connecticut, the 18th to Syracuse at Wagner University and the 20th to Maryland. I have Boston College with my team on the 24th of this month and then in July I’m thinking about I-AA schools like Delaware and JMU.â€Â

What does Chibane want to see on his upcoming visits?

“It’s a good opportunity to see how the coaches coach and interact with the players.â€Â

Currently the Garden State prospect maintains he has no favorites.

Mike Farrell is a recruiting analyst for Rivals.com.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=rivals-221736&prov=rivals&type=lgns

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Nice to see that devestating hose job didn't leave a sour taste in the kid's mouth about USF. 

• Content Count:  209
  • Days Won:  0

Nice to see that devestating hose job didn't leave a sour taste in the kid's mouth about USF. 

haha

I've coached against the kid and he has potential, but right now he's a project.  In a telephone booth he's a man among boys, but if he has to move his foot he's in trouble.  The more he moves his feet the more he stand up and loses his balance plus the size, and strength advantage are gone.  For him to play at the 1A level would require an additional year beyond redshirting to be ready for the next level.  He made a big jump in his ability as a lineman from this past season when compared to '06.  Still there were times this year he fell back into bad habits when going up against just as talent/size players.

haha

I've coached against the kid and he has potential, but right now he's a project.  In a telephone booth he's a man among boys, but if he has to move his foot he's in trouble.  The more he moves his feet the more he stand up and loses his balance plus the size, and strength advantage are gone.  For him to play at the 1A level would require an additional year beyond redshirting to be ready for the next level.  He made a big jump in his ability as a lineman from this past season when compared to '06.  Still there were times this year he fell back into bad habits when going up against just as talent/size players.

What was the name of the OT who USF almost landed from NJ a few years ago? Schiano swooped in at the last minute and convinced him to stay in NJ, after telling him that he had nothing in common with the people down there in Florida. I'm curious, does Schiano tell his Florida recruits that they have nothing in common with the people up north in NJ?

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

haha

cubuffs, couldn't you say that about most HS OTs?  Maybe he would be a good guard in a zone-blocking scheme, don't know never seen the kid.  Of course, that explains why we have a bunch of centers and guards right now and insufficient tackles, because moving feet is a problem for a lot of linemen.

The OT, I mentioned, from NJ a few years ago was Kevin Haslam. He was also considered a project. How's he doing at RU?

http://southflorida.scout.com/a.z?s=359&p=8&c=1&nid=1731795

Flashback:

January 18, 2005

SUDDENLY HOT: USF hosted another New Jersey prospect, Mahwah offensive lineman Kevin Haslam, last weekend, and other schools have suddenly expressed an interest.

Mahwah coach Jeff Remo said Georgia Tech and Rutgers visited Haslam at home Monday and offered scholarships, and Maryland is due in Wednesday. Remo said USF coach Jim Leavitt will visit Thursday, and the Bulls are strong contenders.

"A lot of schools are making a late push, but he really likes USF," Remo said. "He was pretty ready to sign with them while he was down there."

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/01/18/Sports/Illinois_enters_pictu.shtml

• Content Count:  209
  • Days Won:  0

The OT, I mentioned, from NJ a few years ago was Kevin Haslam. He was also considered a project. How's he doing at RU?

http://southflorida.scout.com/a.z?s=359&p=8&c=1&nid=1731795

Flashback:

January 18, 2005

SUDDENLY HOT: USF hosted another New Jersey prospect, Mahwah offensive lineman Kevin Haslam, last weekend, and other schools have suddenly expressed an interest.

Mahwah coach Jeff Remo said Georgia Tech and Rutgers visited Haslam at home Monday and offered scholarships, and Maryland is due in Wednesday. Remo said USF coach Jim Leavitt will visit Thursday, and the Bulls are strong contenders.

"A lot of schools are making a late push, but he really likes USF," Remo said. "He was pretty ready to sign with them while he was down there."

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/01/18/Sports/Illinois_enters_pictu.shtml

Haslam will start this year at T.  He's a red-shirt Jr. who started the first 4 games at guard before giving way to Anthony Davis.  Later after all-BE tackle Sosa went down with a knee injury Halsam started the last 4 games of the season tackle.  He has played every game the last 2 years with 8 starts coming all last season.  Here's are the starters for RU on the offensive line this year ('08):  LT. Davis-So (pre-season pick for all-BE) with 9 starts, LG. Ruch-RFr. with 0 starts, C. Blazcski (a.k.a. Blaze)-RJr. with 13 starts, RG. Gilman-RJr. with 5 starts (all as a RFr.-missed most of last year), RT. Halsam-RJr. with 8 starts (all last year).  RU line is not as inexperience as some would like to believe.  If they jelly, they can be a very good line.

As far the NJ kid (Chibane) being recruited by USF, he has the size and strength of a tackle, but has the footwork of a guard right now.  I do believe he is a good enough athlete to improve his footwork to be a very good college tackle.  USF would be a good fit for him.  Anything but the Big 10, ACC or the SEC.

Archived