• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tampa PD

JerseyBull06

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  815
  • Days Won:  0

last friday I went to NYPD pizza after a night at channelside with friends. At 3am two TPD and a security guard came in and told everyone to get out the place was closed. The place was full of people eating their food and hanging out...we'd gotten our food about 5 mins before with no warning that closing at 3 meant kicking you out even if you'd just been given your food.

The officers were extremely rude, immediately giving my friends a hard time as they were trying to pack up our food and leave. They openly mocked a number of people in my group repeating what they were saying as they were helping each other get pizza back in boxes to leave. At this point my friends were getting frustrated and I was the one who had to tell them to just ignore the treatment and leave. The cops proceeded to mock me as I tried to make sure cooler heads prevailed and then followed us out staring us down and followed us halfway to the parking garage. I was sober and had to prevent myself from saying something to them. It was like they were trying to create a rise in people so they'd have a confrontation on their hands. My bro actually said something to the Sheriff at the garage and we ended up joking with him for a few minutes about the fact that HE thinks that TPD are mostly jerks on power trips.

I understand that they're dealing with a lot of drunk people, but I don't feel the police are there to try to push your buttons and see how much **** you can take from them before you do something stupid which is exactly what those cops were doing. I've been in plenty of situations where police have handled drunk people who are actually causing problems much more tactfully than things were done that night.

The only other experience I've had with TPD has been at USF games...specifically when I was kicked out by an officer who wouldn't even tell me why I was being kicked out (story was on here last season). I always assumed that type of treatment was the exception but I'm starting to think it's the rule.

Rant Done.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  356

I think the old adage "nothing good happens after midnight" applies here...

Boy - do I feel/sound old! ;D

• Content Count:  2,118

Tampa PD has their heads up their ass most of the time.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

It's the "pre-emptive a.sshole" syndrome.  They are assuming that people will be a.ssholes, so they are being a.ssholes before you get a chance to.

Yes, they are power-hungry and trying to prevoke.  They want to arrest people.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815

How exactly did they "mock" you? 

repeating what I said...like if I said something like "just ignore it and let's go" they mimmicked me saying exactly what I just said...kinda like a young old child will do to a sibling to annoy them.

Archived