• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

just looking at stadium designs

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,691
  • Days Won:  0

Miami has won several NCs and they don't sell out their games. Big city teams = bandwagon fans. Hopefully we can just win every year from now on.

florida and georgia IMO are the king of bandwagon for pro fans

ATL is tops then probably Miami with Tampa a close third

hopefully our alums wont fall into that category when it comes to USF football down the road

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I would start with at least what we have at RJS (65k).  Then make it so it can be built on in various increments.  Next jump would be 80k then 100k. 

I agree with the supply/demand equation, though.  If we have lots of empty seats, not as much reason to get season tix.  That is what hurt us so many seasons when we were growing.  It looked empty. 

But, to build a stadium like we are speaking about it would be $350M at minimum.  They would not start it until at least 100m had been raised, which is a lot of dough in a down economy.

I think we are in RJS for the forseable future.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I would start with at least what we have at RJS (65k).  Then make it so it can be built on in various increments.  Next jump would be 80k then 100k.   

I agree with the supply/demand equation, though.  If we have lots of empty seats, not as much reason to get season tix.  That is what hurt us so many seasons when we were growing.  It looked empty. 

But, to build a stadium like we are speaking about it would be $350M at minimum.   They would not start it until at least 100m had been raised, which is a lot of dough in a down economy.

At least another 10 years minimum.  Probably closer to 10-15

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

But, to build a stadium like we are speaking about it would be $350M at minimum.   They would not start it until at least 100m had been raised, which is a lot of dough in a down economy.

If we keep up the top 25 stuff, I think they will be talking stadium funding drive by 2015 with a planned opening by 2018.  By then, it will be $500M to build it, and they will need $200M to even start it....

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

If we keep up the top 25 stuff, I think they will be talking stadium funding drive by 2015 with a planned opening by 2018.  By then, it will be $500M to build it, and they will need $200M to even start it....

hence the minimum of 10 years

• Content Count:  760
  • Days Won:  0

I like the way their stadium looks from the outside. And I definitly prefer the enclosed look as opposed to a horseshoe; it gets much louder.

800px-102707-Oregon-AutzenStadium-ext.jpg

Horseshoes have so much better airflow...  Just ask someone who has been to Orange Bowl vs. Dolphin Stadium.  Orange Bowl was so much cooler.

Well i think we need to have it completely enclosed even if its just the lower bowl going all the way around (kinda of like how Ray J is) with student sections in each endzone. That way we still get good airflow, and the vistors dont get a break by marching down the open end of the field.

Archived