• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

just looking at stadium designs

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

If we don't do something like Autzen stadium (but bigger) I am going to be utterly pissed!

Autzen stadium get's upwards of 139dB with only a 59,000 person capacity!!!  That's hearing damage loud!  That's what I call a home field advantage.

If our stadium isn't set with sound channeling in mind, then I don't want one.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

From the most reliable source ever (wikipedia):

Autzen is known for its crowd noise. On October 27, 2007, during a 24-17 defeat of the USC Trojans, a record crowd of 59,277 fans was recorded at 127.2 decibels. A similarly-loud 31-27 upset of third-ranked Michigan in 2003 prompted a Michigan Daily columnist to write[5]

“ Autzen's 59,000 strong make the Big House sound like a pathetic whimper. It's louder than ... The Swamp at Florida, The Shoe in Columbus, and Death Valley at Louisiana State. Autzen Stadium is where great teams go to die. â€Â

Michigan coach Lloyd Carr later said that Autzen Stadium was the loudest stadium he'd ever been in.[6]

In 2006, a Sporting News columnist named Autzen the most intimidating college football stadium in the nation.[7]

Lee Corso of ESPN College Gameday frequently says that; "Per person Autzen Stadium is the loudest stadium that I have ever been in my entire life!"[8]

• Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  0

That's how much it costs for a quality non erector stadium.

They could have built a steel erector set like another school for cheap.

would it come with water fountains?

• Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

If we don't do something like Autzen stadium (but bigger) I am going to be utterly pissed!

Autzen stadium get's upwards of 139dB with only a 59,000 person capacity!!!  That's hearing damage loud!  That's what I call a home field advantage.

If our stadium isn't set with sound channeling in mind, then I don't want one.

That would be a cool setup, maybe have it hold 70k.  It only holds 59k but they are all very close to the field, sort of like that War Memorial stadium Arkansas played in when we played them.

• Content Count:  176

Think Penn State, and the sec down the line- go bulls/MAMA thanks for being a friend

• Content Count:  4,642

we need a mini ray jay or nothing else. 75k+ seats minimum

• Content Count:  66,072
  • Days Won:  172

Smazza is right.  We need 80K designed for future expansion to 100K+.  I expect we will be filling RJS with a waiting list in a few years, and you may as well have the big stadium if we are going to do it - otherwise, we should stay where we are.  Now what I would reallly like is 100K and an SEC invite.

people laugh at me when i said usf should be in big east 6 years ago

so i think your vision is realistic

That would be bigger than RayJay... (65k) - hard to be a "mini" version of that. :P

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

That would be bigger than RayJay... (65k) - hard to be a "mini" version of that. :P

Lol, I thought the same thing

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

We have no more than 25000 season ticket holders at this point. Filling 50,000 while mximizing booster donations would be more ideal than just throwing up a 75000 seat stadium.

Archived