• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls golf merchandise question

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  16
  • Days Won:  0

I was wondering why the companies that make the NCAA mascot headcovers (namely Datrek and Team Effort) don't make a Rocky the Bull cover when virtually every other mascot from a BCS conference (in addition to some non-BCS teams like UCF and East Carolina), is represented? The only USF headcovers I can find are the nylon "set of 3" type and I'm just not really feeling those. I've found they aren't really made to fit the newer, larger woods and the sock tears easily. I play a couple mini-tours and would like to rep the Bulls on my bag, but I'd prefer the stuffed Rocky cover. It makes no sense why they'd produce a lame Knightro but not Rocky...can any of the people associated with the Bulls stores shed any light on this? Thanks and Go Bulls!

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

I was wondering why the companies that make the NCAA mascot headcovers (namely Datrek and Team Effort) don't make a Rocky the Bull cover when virtually every other mascot from a BCS conference (in addition to some non-BCS teams like UCF and East Carolina), is represented? The only USF headcovers I can find are the nylon "set of 3" type and I'm just not really feeling those. I've found they aren't really made to fit the newer, larger woods and the sock tears easily. I play a couple mini-tours and would like to rep the Bulls on my bag, but I'd prefer the stuffed Rocky cover. It makes no sense why they'd produce a lame Knightro but not Rocky...can any of the people associated with the Bulls stores shed any light on this? Thanks and Go Bulls!

come on

are you joking?

• Content Count:  21,276
  • Days Won:  10

I am not sure if they make it but I have seen it a couple of times in some Golf Pro shops.

come on

are you joking?

lol

No, but I knew there probably weren't going to be many golfers on here. I just remembered several posters in the past were affiliated with the USF stores and might have some idea of what was up. I think it's kind of a slap in the face that you can get the Miami Ibis when they don't even have a men's golf program, or the East Carolina Pirate when they aren't even a BCS team. It'd be nice to walk into Edwin Watts and see USF fully represented alongside UF, FSU, and The U.

I am not sure if they make it but I have seen it a couple of times in some Golf Pro shops.

I've seen a bull, but it's the Sergio Garcia bull and has his signature on it. I think they used to sell them at The Claw back when I was playing for USF and a few of the guys used them. I'll keep an eye out, but it's probably futile until we win and establish ourselves more. I think we're still viewed as a mid-major in a lot of ways - this situation being a small example.

• Content Count:  552

I checked all 3 stores in the area (BO, Buc/Bull and the Bookstore). BullsOutfitter has Rocky covers on their main page- Im not sure if thats what you are looking for but you could start there and work your way around.

• Content Count:  329

We've been hounding all the big companies to make one. Give it time, and hopefully we'll see them. I was rather disapointed when I went into Golfsmith the other day and saw everyone but USF represented on the headcover tree.

Btw, we've got newly designed golf bags hittin the store any day now.

• Content Count:  919

It is ridiculous that USF isn't represented more.  I was looking at magnetic ball markers at the local golf shop, which has tons of them, but no USF. 

With the signing of the UM game on Thanksgiving, and the pub USF will get this year when challenging for the Big East Championship, it is just a matter of time.

BullsOutfitter has Rocky covers on their main page- Im not sure if thats what you are looking for but you could start there and work your way around.

BullsGirl- Sweeeeeeet....that's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a ton.

Bullsheaven- Thank you for the info also. I agree that it's only a matter of time.

I think it's pretty awesome there's a place like this where you can come and interact with so many influential people in the program - be it issues pertaining to merchandise or more serious matters like tickets, booster club info, etc. I remember a couple years ago when everyone was dying for replica jerseys, it seemed like it was through the efforts of this board that we finally got them produced. Then there were the Nike versions and the new deal with Under Armor, etc...it's like we're a small private program, where every voice can be heard and help steer the program, even though we're technically one of the largest institutions. I don't know that it will be like this for much longer, when we bust into the BCS and really blow up, but I certainly value it now. Thanks to the administration of the site for providing such a great forum for Bulls info. This place truly makes me a better Bulls fan.

Archived