• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Aqib Talib at it already......

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

Posted by Mike Florio on July 2, 2008, 10:51 p.m.

We’ve been able to confirm via two sources the names of the rookies who were involved in a symposium slugfest.

The players were Aqib Talib and Cory Boyd. Talib was a first-round pick of the Buccaneers; Boyd was a seventh-round selection of the same team.

The players were in a budget and finances meeting, where rookies from four teams were gathered. Talib and Boyd had been jawing at each other for a while, and it came to a head during that specific session.

Few are surprised by the development. Boyd was suspended by South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier in 2005. Boyd was forced to apologize upon returning in 2006, after scoring a touchdown and uttering for the camera, “I’m back! I’m back liked cooked crack.

Talib’s draft stock fell due to repeated positive drug test results while at Kansas. As one league source explained Talib to us on Wednesday night, “Trouble just follows Talib. . . . He can’t help himself, and it’s never his fault.â€Â

It’s unknown whether the players were or will be disciplined.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

But he's a better player than Jenkins...  ::)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

Talib’s draft stock fell due to repeated positive drug test results while at Kansas.

Failed drug tests 2 1/2 years before the draft ...

As one league source explained Talib to us on Wednesday night, “Trouble just follows Talib. . . . He can’t help himself, and it’s never his fault.â€Â

Would love to know who his "league source" was ..... Never heard Talib blame his previous problems on anybody else but him when he got here .... maybe he did earlier but since this obviously came from ProFootbalkTalk.com, I'd take it it with a huge grain of salt.

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

Posted by Mike Florio on July 2, 2008, 10:51 p.m.

We’ve been able to confirm via two sources the names of the rookies who were involved in a symposium slugfest.

The players were Aqib Talib and Cory Boyd. Talib was a first-round pick of the Buccaneers; Boyd was a seventh-round selection of the same team.

The players were in a budget and finances meeting, where rookies from four teams were gathered. Talib and Boyd had been jawing at each other for a while, and it came to a head during that specific session.

Few are surprised by the development. Boyd was suspended by South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier in 2005. Boyd was forced to apologize upon returning in 2006, after scoring a touchdown and uttering for the camera, “I’m back! I’m back liked cooked crack.

Talib’s draft stock fell due to repeated positive drug test results while at Kansas. As one league source explained Talib to us on Wednesday night, “Trouble just follows Talib. . . . He can’t help himself, and it’s never his fault.â€Â

It’s unknown whether the players were or will be disciplined.

so what it is football

Archived