• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF "ranked" 28th in recruiting so far this year by Rivals

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

not to mention there is one 'headliner' for another team, 'ahem' not to name names, that is a four star prospect, who the rumor is leaning our way.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

not to mention there is one 'headliner' for another team, 'ahem' not to name names, that is a four star prospect, who the rumor is leaning our way.

Are you talking about the RB who originally gave a verbal to AU, or someone else?

http://usf.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=79141

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

this is good news

usf is improving and that is all we can ask for

keep up the improvement

• Content Count:  2,363
  • Days Won:  0

this is good news

keep up the improvement

Ha! Bet no one was ready for that curveball!

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

this is good news

keep up the improvement

Ha! Bet no one was ready for that curveball!

He's cynical, not retarded (well... maybe politically).

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

dont think usf is overlooked

Are you talking about the RB who originally gave a verbal to AU, or someone else?

I suppose I should have read the Rivals article first as that would have answered my question.  ;)

2009 total commits: 14

Headliner: Rodney Scott

2008 class rank: 20  The Tigers' class of 17 players definitely is defense-oriented. Auburn always does a great job of finding – and developing – defensive talent, and this group should be no exception. Watch out for unranked Reggie Taylor. He's a potential star. 

Considering that we already have stolen two of Auburn's verbals, George Baker (last recruiting class) and James Green (this recruiting class), it wouldn't be a big surprise to steal Rodney Scott as well.

http://southflorida.scout.com/a.z?s=359&p=8&c=1&nid=3615021

• Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Actually there are TWO 'headliners' in the state of Florida who are rumored to be leaning our way....and its not 4-star Rodney Scott, who is also a heavy USF lean.

One on offense and another on defense. If and when these kids go public....its going to be huge news.

Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Actually there are TWO 'headliners' in the state of Florida who are rumored to be leaning our way....and its not 4-star Rodney Scott, who is also a heavy USF lean.

One on offense and another on defense. If and when these kids go public....its going to be huge news.

Let's keep our fingers crossed.

The sooner the better, as that will help us land other headliners to jump on the USF recruiting bandwagon this year.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

This is certainly a positive sign, even if the concept is overrated.  Being anywhere in the top 30 is a big improvement.

Yeah.  Overall the rating system is far from perfect.  Even if it was, there are lots of things that can happen between a verbal commitment, a written commitment, and actually producing on the field.  Nevertheless, the rankings do a fair job of giving an overall sense of how a team is performing in recruiting.  If you are ranked #30, you are very likely recruiting much better athletes than if you are ranked #60. 

Archived