• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Top 10 BCS v non-BCS games for 2008. USF @ UCiF #3

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

The place will be rocking.  IMO, we're gonna get jumped early in this game (I predict UCF scores twice in the first quarter).  Hopefully, we'll settle and exert our talent advantage (if we do we will win going away). . . . I got a hunch Mike Ford will be the MVP of this game.

Anyone who thinks superior USF teams are invincible in road games against inferior talent needs to watch the 2007 Rutgers game. . . . or the 2007 UConn game. . . . or the 2006 Cincy game. . . . or the 2005 UConn game.

Atmosphere will definitely play a factor.  If USF is able, they'd be wise to take the crowd out early and then try and coast.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  88

The place will be rocking.  IMO, we're gonna get jumped early in this game (I predict UCF scores twice in the first quarter).  Hopefully, we'll settle and exert our talent advantage (if we do we will win going away). . . . I got a hunch Mike Ford will be the MVP of this game.

Anyone who thinks superior USF teams are invincible in road games against inferior talent needs to watch the 2007 Rutgers game. . . . or the 2007 UConn game. . . . or the 2006 Cincy game. . . . or the 2005 UConn game.

you give us hope, but i think it's misguided. don't see us scoring 2 td's early with our qb situation. i just hope we score 2 td's all game.

grothe will likely be mvp of game and not ford. no knock against ford, but grothe will absolutely be leader of team this year and has had no trouble with our defense the past two.

• Content Count:  3,574

Atmosphere = Auburn.

Check that box.  UCF's stadium will play a very small part (if any) on the outcome of the game... imo

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Atmosphere = Auburn.

Check that box.  UCF's stadium will play a very small part (if any) on the outcome of the game... imo

I disagree.  Auburn didn't have complete drunken idiots grabbing their crotches, starting fights, and pouring beer on people.  UCF's tin can will, as the citrus bowl did in 2005.

I guess when you lack real atmosphere, you make up for it by acting like an ass.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Atmosphere = Auburn.

I disagree.  Auburn didn't have complete drunken idiots grabbing their crotches, starting fights, and pouring beer on people.  UCF's tin can will, as the citrus bowl did in 2005.

I guess when you lack real atmosphere, you make up for it by acting like an ass.

I agree that Auburn fans were nice and UCF fans in the past have been ********, but that doesn't have a bearing on the players on the field.  There is no way USF will face the same stadium atmosphere at UCF as they did in Auburn.

• Content Count:  711

Atmosphere = Auburn.

UCF games don't sell beer...so it'll be cokes, instead.  Hopefully there will be a smoothie stand this year!!  ;D

• Content Count:  138

"Ah man, I don't even remember the second half of that game, I was soooo jacked up...I had so many kiwi-banana-strawberry smoothies they actually cut me off"

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,320
  • Days Won:  10

Mostly what I hear on the subject from UCF fans is that they want to continue this series.  If that is the case, throwing smoothies on people and starting fights will absolutely guarantee that this is the last game.  When we went to the CB, the knights' fans were very well behaved.  I complimented them on this site.  But somehow, I don't have confidence that it will be the same this year.  That might cinch the decision on whether to play in the future.  Too bad.

I am kind of ambivalent on whether we continue to play.  I can see advantages either way.  But I have little patience for drunk students younger than my own kids.  I "corrected" my own kids when they got out of hand and am not real good at taking it from other peoples' kids.  I guess we'll see.

• Content Count:  2,239

That might cinch the decision on whether to play in the future.

I doubt it.  Leavitt doesn't want to play no matter what.  If it was 3-0 UCF or 2-1(either way), I still think he'd want out.  He's got enough pull in the scheduling process that Woolard won't sign anything.  Who knows, there is always the possibility of ending up as conference mates.  Then it's a moot point.

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

That might cinch the decision on whether to play in the future.

I doubt it.  Leavitt doesn't want to play no matter what.  If it was 3-0 UCF or 2-1(either way), I still think he'd want out.  He's got enough pull in the scheduling process that Woolard won't sign anything.  Who knows, there is always the possibility of ending up as conference mates.  Then it's a moot point.

Highly doubt it. I dont think UCF has a shot to become part of the Big East. This will be the goodbye game for this series and we prob. wont see UCF on the field for a loooonngg time. Thank God....

Archived