• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Spring Game Reply NOW on Catch47

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  117
  • Days Won:  0

Grothe threw exactly 362 more passes than Gregory in 2007 and had a higher completion percentage against tougher competion. The "gregory > grothe"  author has serious cognitive reasoning issues and should seek professional help.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,894

Grothe is our guy. Period. What do you need to see gregory come in like julmiste and run and be impressed. Naw he can be a great back up but the guy is a robot out there. He telegraphs his throws and he would bring our team down. As grothe goes....so do the bulls. He is the qb.

• Content Count:  5,240
  • Days Won:  2

Grothe over rated in the NCAA ? Show me a ratings that has him high ?

doesn't our new TV ad refer to him as a "heisman hopeful" or something to that effect?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,552
  • Days Won:  29

Grothe over rated in the NCAA ? Show me a ratings that has him high ?

doesn't our new TV ad refer to him as a "heisman hopeful" or something to that effect?

"OUR" ad ... and it woudn't be "over-rated" calling him that. What have you seen outta him in 2008 that would make you think he isn't ? He was 5-5 in the Spring Game.

;D

• Content Count:  557

I have to say I agree, to some extent, with bigbully.

I do think that Gregory is a great talent, and is alot better than most give him credit for.  This guy would be a starter at most D1 schools. If all things were equal going into spring I think that Gregory would probably come out as our #1 QB. Gregory is taller than Grothe, has a very strong arm, can run faster than most give him credit for, is shifty as hell, and is tough as nails (see video below).

Now.......... with all that being said we have to realize that these two quarterbacks are not starting out on a level playing field; Grothe is a PROVEN WINNER. With Grothe at the helm we have: gone to two consecutive bowl games (winning the first); gotten to #2 in the nation; beaten WVU two years in a row; beaten an SEC school in thier own stadium; and beaten a top 10 team. While he does lack some height, can get flustered and throw stupid passes, and isn't exactly the most accurate passer, he KNOWS HOW TO WIN.

:2cents

GO BULLS!

• Content Count:  172

As the announcer says there, He was running straight up. I dont think Grothe is the best but his instincts are alot better than grant's.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  138

IMG_7037.JPG

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,552
  • Days Won:  29

... and is tough as nails ...

GO BULLS!

My daughter and I were in Lowe's a few weeks back and she was wearing her #8 jersey and a guy working there grew up with Grothe and it always left an impression on him that Matt loved playing street ball - playing tackle football in the street.

:o

Nobody should question either's guts.

Ang MikrG is right ! Voss should start ... look how tall he is  ;D

• Content Count:  1,894

yea in that case, we shoiuld of used amarri to play qb since he was so tall. Not to mention he could throw pretty well too. Lol. Let's ride the Grothe train till he's gone because when we look back your going to say wow I remember who was a huge part of the excitement of this team becoming a legitimate college powerhouse guys like grothe and selvie and lol all of our linebackers.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815

Don't get 47 on Direct TV :( but I am watching my Mets so I can't complain too much. Football season will be here before we know it!

Archived