• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Spring Game Reply NOW on Catch47

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,478
  • Days Won:  0

man, that game was a snooze-fest!!!

I agree, past the first few minutes there was nothing really big, other than our defense being extremely dominant.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

man, that game was a snooze-fest!!!

What are you talking about?!?

Two words: Punt team

• Content Count:  66,072
  • Days Won:  172

gregory > grothe

grothe has no arm.  he can't throw the ball past 15 yards.

As much as I agree Grothe is the most overrated player in the NCAA, I think he is our best optoin. However if Grothe strugles Leavitt should pull him. The kid is either on or he is off.

good analysis  but leavitt doesnt have itchy trigger finger

greogory needs to move on and usf needs to develop other top qbs

• Content Count:  5,240
  • Days Won:  2

gregory > grothe

As much as I agree Grothe is the most overrated player in the NCAA, I think he is our best optoin. However if Grothe strugles Leavitt should pull him. The kid is either on or he is off.

we have talent on the bench... if given enough PT, i think Gregory could be more consistent in the passing game, and i believe he's quicker than Grothe too.

i can't wait for the BJ Daniels era tho.

• Content Count:  291

Wish i got C47, i missed the spring game.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,554
  • Days Won:  29

gregory > grothe

we have talent on the bench... if given enough PT, i think Gregory could be more consistent in the passing game, and i believe he's quicker than Grothe too.

LOL ... where do you blind fans sit ?

I have seen quite a few long passes between defenders right on target.

Grothe over rated in the NCAA ? Show me a ratings that has him high ?

Some fans seem to not like a player's success because he has lots of fans.

We have unproven guys on the bench and some want a proven winner to be pulled ?

Grothe has only been in 1 game that he should have been benched, @ Cincy in 2006. But I am sure some on here would be complaining that it was a bad move because Julmiste never showed he could rally a team, blah, blah, blah  ::)

Everyone has opinions, but they don't seem to be football related.

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  2,461

My only comment is he needs to work on his deep ball... He CAN throw it deep, but it seems to be when he is frustrated and pulls the trigger too quick.

He learned a little more control last season but needs to balance his instinct with his coaching. I think this season we'll see some good things if he can mature just a small bit in that department.

*edit* gregory is no where near as elusive as grothe and probably not as fast. On that point you guys are smoke'n crack.

• Content Count:  431

gregory > grothe

According to who?

Watch the Grothe highlights from 2006....

or Taurus Johnson highlights from 2006....(multiple 30+ yard seams on a rope from Grothe - beautiful)

.....that is a lot of why Grothe is hyped the way he is.....that is all you need to see to know the potential....

Our passing game was off last year, but it was not because of a lack of arm strength from Grothe. There were some under-thrown balls, but that has as much to do with estimating the location of the receiver as it does possible distance or technique (e.g. off the back foot). There were also over-thrown balls. Watch any NFL game and you will see under-thrown balls, and it usually isn't because the QB couldn't make the distance.

• Content Count:  431

gregory > grothe

Are you saying we should give Gregory more playing time to see if his passing game might improve?

Even if Gregory was quicker, which I doubt, Grothe's running style is half technique and half speed. How many times have you seen him run full speed vs. multiple pauses and sprints to let the running lane set itself up? I believe Grothe's sheer ability to judge the speed and angle of approaching tacklers makes him one of the most dangerous runners on the team while in space, and I'm sure many analysts and apposing Defenses would agree.

I also hope most would agree that you shouldn't bench a player with Grothe's potential, as evidenced by his 2006 (mainly) and 2007 highlights, because he didn't perform to the expectation of the fans during his Sophomore year while breaking in a new OC?

• Content Count:  714
  • Days Won:  1

Everybody loves the backup, until the backup starts  ;D

Archived