• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Men's bbal: how do you feel about the new roster?

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  387
  • Days Won:  0

I'm not getting down on Kentrell. He was great and great for us but he did miss some I thought he should have made. It is true he didn't get the help he needed which is why I think we'll be stronger up front this year with more skilled and taller players coming in.

My real point is that with a taller and more skilled front court our guards will get more assists and most likely better looks.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest BasketBull.

It's been forever plus some that a USF team had more than one or two players who can score and do everything else.

Last year, we basically had The Beast and Gransberry. And if a team managed to shut either guy down, then we were in trouble.

Well, on paper this roster looks very promising. We've got lots of options now. For me, it's all about point production. USF teams have always played good defense, for the most part. However, sometimes we can't buy a basket.

Gransberry was good for 20pts a night. And all the other players that we lost since the housecleaning probably added up to another 12pts.

Here's how I see it:

Mercer =10 pts

Whoever ends up at the 2 forwards and center, all three guys will need to produce at least 22 points. That's about 7pts a piece, not to much to ask. The Beast will still be the leading scorer, but he's going to have plenty of help.

Translation: I think this squad will pick up at least 5 more Big East wins. However that turns out in terms of standings, etc., I think that's a significant improvement. Well, at least that's how I hope it turns out!

Archived