• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This is why Florida (Gators) suck!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,467
  • Days Won:  422

I suppose im in the minority on the board in that I don't get the amount of hostility towards UF.  There hadn't ever really been an issue between the 2 programs until people started saying that the Bulls were a better team than the Gators after the Auburn game after last season.  I know we are scheduled to meet in '10 but it just seems like blind hatred at this point. 

Where did you grow up?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  2,363
  • Days Won:  0

I suppose im in the minority on the board in that I don't get the amount of hostility towards UF.  There hadn't ever really been an issue between the 2 programs until people started saying that the Bulls were a better team than the Gators after the Auburn game after last season.  I know we are scheduled to meet in '10 but it just seems like blind hatred at this point. 

Where did you grow up?

That's wherein I think the issue lies. I never got the animosity either, but I also didn't live in FL until I attended USF.

Where did you grow up?

That's wherein I think the issue lies. I never got the animosity either, but I also didn't live in FL until I attended USF.

That's probably it. There were no bigger group of arrogant, obnoxious fans in the state when I was growning up than Gator fans..... The funny part is that I grew up back when UF hadn't accomlpished jackshit in the world of college athletics but you couldn't tell by their actions. I always bring up Dan Jenkins dead-on, 30 yr old quote about Gator fans: " They have the arrogance of Notre Dame with the tradition of Wake Forest" (paraphrased)

• Content Count:  138

I grew up in central FL, oddly enough surrounded by everything but USF fans (not even close to a competitive football program at the time).  The most obnoxious fans, to me, were the Miami fans, followed closely by FSU.  I suppose I was more closely aligned with UF as a kid, a good amount of my family went there, but as I previously stated I just don't get the hostility towards the Gators while FSU & UM receive almost no scorn.

• Content Count:  21,267
  • Days Won:  10

I grew up in central FL, oddly enough surrounded by everything but USF fans (not even close to a competitive football program at the time).  The most obnoxious fans, to me, were the Miami fans, followed closely by FSU.  I suppose I was more closely aligned with UF as a kid, a good amount of my family went there, but as I previously stated I just don't get the hostility towards the Gators while FSU & UM receive almost no scorn.

Because UF is usually the best team of those three and has the majority of toothless fans that did not go to school at UF but love the mascott.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

This is also a major factor as well (fans who previously rooted for FSU or UM pre USF) in the hate factor that you see here.  Most may not admit it but they did at one point and time follow another team in the state. 

Since a good amount of your family went to UF, it does make sense you wouldn't get the hostility ...

This is also a major factor as well (fans who previously rooted for FSU or UM pre USF) in the hate factor that you see here.  Most may not admit it but they did at one point and time follow another team in the state.

Not sure why most wouldn't admit it. I've got no problem saying I was an FSU football fan before USF football (been a USF hoops fans since I started paying attention to college hoops) BUT I can also admit I was pushed towards them mainly because of the ******* tendencies of most Gator fans I knew in my early years ....

• Content Count:  138

Since a good amount of your family went to UF, it does make sense you wouldn't get the hostility ...

Just because they went to UF does not make them fans of their athletics programs.  Some of the biggest Miami, Michigan, and FSU fans I know graduated from Florida.

• Content Count:  526

I can't speak for most but I don't hate the gators.  In fact I always pull for them unless they're playing a BEAST team.  I want all Florida teams to do well but USF more, of course. 

I wasn't searching for gator hating videos.  I simply saw this vid in the related section while I was watching another youtube vid that was posted on here. 

Archived