• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Akol Admitted To USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

can he bang inside being that thin?

He's about the same size as solomon jones was during his senior year and Akol is a frosh.  Might not be big enough for NBA, but it should be fine for college.  And Jones was able to then add 10-15 lbs... so i'm sure Teeng will be in the weight room too.

“I’ve seen him in games where he’s shot 3s and then worked around the basket, blocking shots,†Heath said. “He has a great intensity level and whether he plays forward or center for us, it doesn’t matter. We will have to get him in the weight room and gain some weight.â€Â

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

nice,

now just need Gilchrist to get his waiver!!

How are the chances of that?

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Remember this statement by Van Coleman?

The South Florida Bulls received a big addition in 6-foot-10 prep school power forward Teeng Akol from Bradenton IMG Academy (Fla.). He has all kinds of offensive tools and could be a poor man's Kevin Durant in college.  He's definitely a player that Stan Heath can build the program around if he qualifies this summer as expected.

Nothing is for certain, but nice to read something like that about a player your team has signed.

http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/stories/051908aae.html

Oh my, they're over playing Akol a bit.  Calling him a poor man's Kevin Durant is a stretch...Durant was the most complete player I've seen coming out of HS in a while.  Just because Akol can knock down an occasional trey doesn't make him a Durant.

Every evaluation of Akol calls him a project with tons of upside.  He's skinny, and still raw from hopping around so much, and playing out of position at Our Savior, but has offensive skill sets, and lots, and lots of upside.  There were lots of big time programs like Kentucky that took a look at him in the late period but passed.  He's perfect for USF, and the kind of kid we'll develop slowly, add the weight/strength and by 09-10 hopefully have a much more complete player.  With McMillan gone, the next most exciting recruit to me after Gilchrist is now Akol.

Archived