• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Unexpected Contributors for 08?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  849
  • Days Won:  0

SAMPSON GENUS!!!!!   This kid had an awesome spring game and we all know how former centers have done on our D-Line.

Alonso McQueen!!!!  No one talks about him, while he's the frontrunner for the starting LB spot while Kion may actually be held out for a while.  This one is more of a reach but it's definitely possible.

Last one....  if he doesnt redshirt.....  George Baker.  The kid is a legit 4.3-40 and can wreak havoc in the return game.  I hope this kid sees the field in '08

I'm with you Fear on the Sampson Genus pick. He displayed great strength during the Spring game by constantly collapsing the pocket freeing up Keith McKaskill to make plays everywhere. I'm excited about both of these players.

I also think Murph will have a great season, he's very quick and has good instincts and could develop into an NFL-caliber corner in no time

Quentin Washington could also make a big impact as a nickle back, possibly stealing Tyller Roberts' LCB position later on in the season.

Our team is very good and we have a lot of potential impact players at various positions coupled with a proven QB, Proven LB corp and a Proven DE...I expect a BCS game for USF this year...a lot has to go right but I still expect it.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,556
  • Days Won:  29

After watching the the first half of the spring game and talking to people, here's my thoughts:

Buie is a SR and was part of that major class that included a few from Armwood State Champ Team. Am really expecting a strong season from him.

Regarding DE, am excited about the JuCo's Bedford & Marshall. Bedford seems to be in the mold of Selvie and Marshall is a monster. Feel great about our depth here with RS-Fr Hampton & Powe.

Speaking of JuCo, hope Theo Wilson at CB is an instant contributor. Two other names I expect to hear alot of are Sr Verpaele and RS-Fr Tyson Butler.

The other JuCo we are expecting an immediate contribution is from Kion Wilson at LB. I am excited about Robinson at LB after learning last season on a bum ankle - really expect him to be a big factor. I also expect alot from Sabbath Joseph.

Just regarding fall camp, look at our talent at QB: Grother, Gregory, Voss & Daniels  ;D

I am SOFA KING excited about RB depth. I really think Taylor will be the #2 man behing Ford. A very good #3 in Williams and some very good talent with Samuels, Plancher & Cannon. Murray will most likely RS.

Kinda got off subject, but also wanted to say that I expect Bogan to be the #3 WR.

Hoping to get more TE catches.

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  4,016

After watching the the first half of the spring game and talking to people, here's my thoughts:

Buie is a SR and was part of that major class that included a few from Armwood State Champ Team. Am really expecting a strong season from him.

Regarding DE, am excited about the JuCo's Bedford & Marshall. Bedford seems to be in the mold of Selvie and Marshall is a monster. Feel great about our depth here with RS-Fr Hampton & Powe.

Speaking of JuCo, hope Theo Wilson at CB is an instant contributor. Two other names I expect to hear alot of are Sr Verpaele and RS-Fr Tyson Butler.

The other JuCo we are expecting an immediate contribution is from Kion Wilson at LB. I am excited about Robinson at LB after learning last season on a bum ankle - really expect him to be a big factor. I also expect alot from Sabbath Joseph.

Just regarding fall camp, look at our talent at QB: Grother, Gregory, Voss & Daniels  ;D

I am SOFA KING excited about RB depth. I really think Taylor will be the #2 man behing Ford. A very good #3 in Williams and some very good talent with Samuels, Plancher & Cannon. Murray will most likely RS.

Kinda got off subject, but also wanted to say that I expect Bogan to be the #3 WR.

Hoping to get more TE catches.

Go BULLS !!!

Buie has been slowly building himself up.  With the attention going to Selvie, if the middle can hold up I think Buie is planning on exploding this season.  Maybe 6-8 sacks, and double digit TFL....that would be a huge season opposite Selvie.

I just hope Bedford, and Marshall can give quality minutes.  I liked what I saw from Hampton in the spring game.  His only problem is what everyone had mentioned before, he came in light as a feather and didn't do much to get that size up.  Still standing maybe 6-2 220lbs, looks like an athletic safety up on the line for blitzs.

Theo Wilson is not going to be an instant contributor at corner.  He's rarely in his life played corner.  I don't know why the staff brought him in or mention him for that position.  Personally I don't believe there is anyway he sticks it out there, and I wish like hell the staff gets him to slot as fast as humanly possible.  Where Theo should be.  Consider this, Ean Randolph came in as a corner too, and I think of Theo in the same way as Ean, except maybe a touch faster and bigger, but maybe not quite as elusive as Ean (but still plenty elusive).

Great call on Danny Verpaele.  One disappointment on defense to me last year was SS.  Carlton Williams was too finesse, and ditto for Gachette.  Excellent athletically, good size, but to often they didn't embody the old USF SS mold of guys like Kevin Verpaele, Jay Mize, Morgan, Manns, and Burnett.  Those guys lit up ball carries and would-be receivers coming across the middle, and last year Williams and Gachette didn't do that, I think Verpaele can be that type of hard nosed kid, especially in his fifth year.

I hope Kion Wilson can contribute immediately, he didn't start off the spring well.  I am just as excited about Robinson, but it will be predicated on how serious he takes this summer.  In the past he's had NFL caliber athleticism at LB/End, but doesn't work hard enough on the mental or physical aspects.  As usual during the spring game he was all over, but for the season to be special he needs to take everything seriously and come in the fall prepared. 

I loved Sabbath Joseph's instincts and play in the spring game.  I've watched it over and over and he was making plays all over.  He's also physically talented and where he needs to be...quite frankly he's the next star LB for USF, and will be the next Brouce Mompremier just waiting and learning.

I saw so little of Voss in the spring game, and what i saw wasn't wow'ing...but he is very quick, great feet, and big.  Once BJ gets in and acclimated if Voss hasn't established a firmer hold then hopefully they get him to SS or OLB. 

Don't forget our TE's caught over 30 balls last year.  A highwater mark since the days of Hipolite.  I definitely think Cedric Hill established himself as a legit weapon at TE last year and they will use it more!

• Content Count:  2,523

It has got to be a KICKER!!!  Doesn't matter how great the rest of these guys are, if we don't have better kicking, we'll lose games we shouldn't as it affects all aspects of a game.

Archived