• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Look at this stupid USF video

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

I still think that call changed the entire monentum of the game.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Rutgers will HAVE to throw the ball 50 times a game this season if they want to win.  The running game will be non-existent and they have three receivers who complement each other perfectly.... along with a QB that has loads of confidence.  If our pass-rushing ability performs up to the hype, Teel will have a very bad day.

Since when does Teel have loads of confidence?  When has that guy ever done anything to win a game?  He is the perfect example of a QB riding a stud running back and very solid O-Line to a respectable college carreer.  I have a feeling he will not even end the season as the starter for Rutgers. 

Teel has the two best receivers in the Big East along with Tim Brown, who runs a sub-4.3.  I'm not saying he's a great QB or anything, but he should be very confident with the supporting cast he has.  And I also believe he will need to throw the ball A LOT.

Teel isn't a good QB.  He's a decent manager of the game but the past two years we have not forced Rutgers to put the game in Teels hands like we did in 05, we allowed Rice to beat us, and then Teel had the luxury of play-action.  Anytime teams force RU to become a bit more one dimensional Teel folds.  Teel has pretty good physical tools but his football acumen, instincts, and intangibles are average.  It would be crazy to suggest similar characteristics or situations to Tom Brady.  A player has to have superb instincts and precision ability to be in Tom's position in the NFL.  Teel isn't even like Grothe.  When teams are pressuring Teel he often panics and doesn't make the right reads or throws.  If Teel had been subjected to the constant pressure Grothe was subjected to in that RU game we would have won 40 to zip.  Unfortunately we couldn't do crap pressure wise, mainly because we let Rice tear us up again.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,324
  • Days Won:  10

This thread is going to make my psychotherapist rich. My PRGSS (Post Rutgers game stress syndrome) is kicking back in.

• Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

Losing Rice is the worst thing to happen to Rutgers.....

I just have this subtle feeling inside we give them the Louisville treatment this season.

• Content Count:  1,894

The comparison to Brady is merely for the fact that even though they have ridiculous talent around them. They perform. Teel is a good quaterback. The pressure grothe is under is completely different because our o-line is not as strong as rutgers. They run a more nfl style offense and teel runs it well. Im not saying he is great quaterback but there is no reason to discredit him as a qb because you might not like them. He has a good arm and I don't know if you realized he was playing hurt alot. Thats pretty impressive. Without Teel they would be considerably bad.

• Content Count:  1,985

I think it's funny that someone posted a video of "Mike Teel Highlights." I guess Mike Teel's Mom is on YouTube.

Yeah, it is actually a typo... they meant "Highlight"  singular.

Archived