• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Look at this stupid USF video

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

We need to pay them back big time this year.  Show up with our A game and I would love to see us blow them out.

we won't be paying them back.

the guy that violated us with no vaseline--- ray rice--- is no longer there.

whooping up on them now just won't be the same.

although i can imagine Ray Jay will be ROCKING with a chorus of thunderous boos and heckling never before heard at a Bulls game when the Buttgers players take the field.

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

damnit....thanks for that salt...the wound is now re-opened....

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

I'm a diehard fan no doubt about it, love our team, hated the refs for this call. I really have to say though, honestly, if we want to be realistic we have to say that there was a possibility that we tried to shovel the ball forward to guys running free. It happened in other games. It's not a dirty move and its actually incredibly smart because any other game it goes unnoticed and we get the td but schiano was a little woman that game and influenced the call. We didn't make it obvious but it isn't that far fetched to think that we might of known what we were doing there.

No way, the fact is for a ref to throw that flag, at the begging of Schiano, and the video play people are only allowed to overturn a call if the video evidence has 100% conclusive evidence.  There is no way anyone, other than a few of the players and coaches would know if that was intentional.  McKenzie swears it wasn't intentional and if you watch the momentum of his arm and the tackle it makes sense that the ball just fortunately squirted that way. 

Remember, if that score stands we go up 24-10 and are kicking off to them.  Instead we settle for a long missed FG, and they got the ball back around the 40 yard line....drop down and kicked a last second FG to make it 17-13 at the half.  I contend that had it been 24-10 at half, RU's dynamic would have changed.  They would have abandon Ray Rice who was killing us again, and concentrated on passing where we could play in more of an aggressive defensive posture.  Yeah that blew us up bad, no one that has ever seen the play and call can say with absolute uncertainty that it was the correct call, and since that is the case NO VIDEO PLAY OFFICIAL SHOULD HAVE OVERTURNED THE INITIAL CALL OF TOUCHDOWN!

• Content Count:  1,894

no doubt about it,i agree but just the slight help of guiding it toward that direction when you have contact isnt far fetched and I don't think there was a basis for the review in the first place. I don't think that anyone on the field could including the refs make a judgement call on what our players intentions were. I'm just saying it could of had some help to get it to an open man. Do we win if we get that call?? Hell yes because thats half time and we stop them with momentum and instead they march down and score

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  96,974
  • Days Won:  469

I'm still amazed that that call didn't lose the game for us.  What was the final score?

• Content Count:  1,013

No way, the fact is for a ref to throw that flag, at the begging of Schiano, and the video play people are only allowed to overturn a call if the video evidence has 100% conclusive evidence.  There is no way anyone, other than a few of the players and coaches would know if that was intentional.  McKenzie swears it wasn't intentional and if you watch the momentum of his arm and the tackle it makes sense that the ball just fortunately squirted that way. 

Remember, if that score stands we go up 24-10 and are kicking off to them.  Instead we settle for a long [glow=red,2,300]missed FG[/glow], and they got the ball back around the 40 yard line....drop down and kicked a last second FG to make it 17-13 at the half.  I contend that had it been 24-10 at half, RU's dynamic would have changed.  They would have abandon Ray Rice who was killing us again, and concentrated on passing where we could play in more of an aggressive defensive posture.  Yeah that blew us up bad, no one that has ever seen the play and call can say with absolute uncertainty that it was the correct call, and since that is the case NO VIDEO PLAY OFFICIAL SHOULD HAVE OVERTURNED THE INITIAL CALL OF TOUCHDOWN!

Speaking of missed filed goals.  Is there any chance we're going to have a kicking game this year?

I've managed to block this game from my head. It's a new year with the same possibilities as last.  Go BULLS!

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

I realize that call came before halftime and we had plenty of chances to make plays and still win the game...BUT this play completely KILLED all of the momentum that we had going. If that call isn't overturned, we're going into the half up 24-10 with every last bit of momentum instead of 17-13 having been punched in the gut. Coming out of the half 24-10, I think it would've just been a matter of finishing the job, and we're still ranked #2.

• Content Count:  714
  • Days Won:  1

When was the last time that you saw a referee throw a penalty flag after a play was reviewed?

• Content Count:  4,016

When was the last time that you saw a referee throw a penalty flag after a play was reviewed?

Again, as so many have mentioned before, the replay booth is not allowed to review a missed penalty.  There is some contention that it was a live action play and they can review forward laterals, but I contend all they could/should have done is at worst disallowed the TD, and given us the ball at the spot of the last fumble.  They shouldn't have been allowed to jointly assess a penalty on that play.  The TD called back, and the penalty thwarted all momentum...we got the ball back at the 45 and not the 25, we go 15 yards, they block our FG, and get it back at the forty.  I'd even say if we get it at the 25 we end up scoring points.

BTW, I know the theory that that play didn't cost us the game.  There was a half to play but the sideline was chaotic after that call it was difficult for our players to get their arms around what happened and focus.  A ten point momentum swing, is exactly that, a real killer because games are built and won around momentum.  After RU drove down for that FG and cut it to 17-13 you could feel a complete momentum shift.  Hell look at the final score, we lost by 3, a TD would have won it for us, AND we had a TD called back on a bogus call.

Archived