• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

The Sporting News ranks the football conferences

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,574
  • Days Won:  0

I like how UCF fans always act as if Memphis was the only common opponent with FAU.  There was another common opponent.  That comparison is more favorable to FAU.

You're so smart  ;)

DP... where's the logic?

• Content Count:  2,239

I like how UCF fans always act as if Memphis was the only common opponent with FAU.  There was another common opponent.  That comparison is more favorable to FAU.

You're so smart  ;)

DP... where's the logic?

Here is the logic:

FAU and UCF played USF 1 week apart from each other.  Considering how USF almost laid down and died against FAU and seemed to only be going through the motions, it made perfect sense that their intensity would go to the other extreme the next week.  What better team to take out aggression from probably having to do a lot more wind sprints than a team you absolutely hate.  And before I hear the excuses from the non-rivalry people, you guys know full well many players were quoted to being very excited for this game.

Memphis to me was a better pick because there isn't that type of hate between them and FAU or UCF as there is with USF.  As a result, this would be the best game to use.  FAU won in the N.O. Bowl 44-27.  UCF won earlier in the year 56-20.  Memphis, on the other hand, was very flaky.  They struggled against SMU, Tulane, Arkansas State, Marshall and Rice yet played well against or beat Ole Miss, and Southern Miss.  Looking at the box scores and play-by-play info, the FAU game was about as close as the score says it is, but the UCF was not.  UCF was up 49-0 and the half and called off the dogs.

We actually had a 3rd common opponent, Louisiana-Lafayette.  ULL lost to FAU 39-32.  They lost to UCF 37-19.  I felt this team was not a good choice for comparison because of how bad they did this past year.  They were 3-9 with a I-AA loss.  At least Memphis went to a bowl(though I didn't think they deserved it).

• Content Count:  771

The tinmen left the MAC for CUSA.

That is how they can "Win" the conference. Their conference brethern suck......

If you shared the field with other teams that used downs syndrome kids as well.. you'd be ranked 10/11 too.

C-DOA and SunBelt = Special Olympics of the NCAA

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

The tinmen left the MAC for CUSA.

That is how they can "Win" the conference. Their conference brethern suck......

If you shared the field with other teams that used downs syndrome kids as well.. you'd be ranked 10/11 too.

C-DOA and SunBelt = Special Olympics of the NCAA

You might want to watch out.  FAU was 1 Rutgers-esque call away from beating us last year.  The rest of their conference might be garbage, but FAU isn’t bad.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

FAU would have destroyed UCF.  They had enough weapons to score, and their LBs were great.  I think they could have shut Smith down, or at least kept him to under 150 yards.  That's all you needed to do to beat UCF.

The only reason we beat them is because they didn't have the depth that we did and we finally wore them down enough...

I was impressed with them.  I think they'd have crushed UCF.

• Content Count:  66,048
  • Days Won:  172

The SunBelt demands a re-count.

The FAU Owls would have wiped the floor with any C-DOA team last year.

sunbelt belongs where they are

come on

Archived