• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Zack Hansen 6'8-330lbs.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,266
  • Days Won:  0

anyone know if there is a reason why he isn't on Rivals or Scout?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Check under 2009 recruits, he might be there.  His graduating a year early was a late development.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Well, for one his name is different from the thread here, so if you checked that spelling it wouldn't show up.

He is in fact listed on both Scout and Rivals under his actual name: Zach Hanson

• Content Count:  1,266

Well, for one his name is different from the thread here, so if you checked that spelling it wouldn't show up.

He is in fact listed on both Scout and Rivals under his actual name: Zach Hanson

thanks mama, I realized that after I posted and couldn't respond b/c the site was dow..

• Content Count:  188

330 seems a bit light for a 6'8 OT

That guy that never played for us, Martin Towe Truck, wasn't he 6'8 and 365 or so?

We have guys that are over 300 that are much closer to 6 feet.

I like the height, but he actually sounds kinda slim for his height and position.

We need depth but i'm not sure this would do much other than add height to the practice squad.  Is this guy any good?  I haven't read that much positive yet, other than height.

Couple things....Zach is the real deal.  He came in on an official visit from Cali, the staff doesnt pay for a kid to fly cross country, put him up in a hotel and take him around town for 2 days if he's a "practice squad" player.  There is a reason he seemingly came out of nowhere. I've talked to him several times since May and written on him a number of times. 

Secondly, I had a chance to meet Zach this weekend and he is built in the mold of an NFL type tackle.  He's at least 6'7, I didn't have a tape measure, but if you told me he's 6'8 I wouldnt argue.  His weight is ideal at 315, thats why when you hear a guy like Joyer is 6'2, 320 it doesnt mean he's really strong, it means hes really over-weight!  Trust me I saw him last weekend as well..

I recently saw his highlight tape from last year, kid can play.  If he chooses USF, he will come in and compete for a starting spot this year and most likely start the following year. 

Josh Newberg

"thats why when you hear a guy like Joyer is 6'2, 320 it doesnt mean he's really strong, it means hes really over-weight!  Trust me I saw him last weekend as well."

OR, a guy can be both strong and overweight. Joyer is a leading contender to win the HEAVYWEIGHT weightlifting championship this coming year.  ;D

• Content Count:  188

He is strong, but to be effective on the next level he'll need to lose 25 pounds.  He had trouble competing at the camp against the quicker defenders, he'll dominate in Hillsborough County, put him down south and he'd have a tough time.  In a lot of the matchups on saturday he was out of place and ended up tackling the defender as he ran by him.  He had some nice wrestling moves though.  ;)

Josh Newberg

• Content Count:  1,757

Man, he sure has grown up since the MMMBop days...

har de har har! ;D

• Content Count:  5,691

"thats why when you hear a guy like Joyer is 6'2, 320 it doesnt mean he's really strong, it means hes really over-weight!  Trust me I saw him last weekend as well."

OR, a guy can be both strong and overweight. Joyer is a leading contender to win the HEAVYWEIGHT weightlifting championship this coming year.  ;D

can be strong and slow

bet if he loses the baby fat and turns it into muscle he will be faster & stronger!

can be strong and slow

bet if he loses the baby fat and turns it into muscle he will be faster & stronger!

OR, you move him from guard to center, like Leavitt is plans to do.  ;D

Archived