• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF penciled in for St. Pete. Bowl

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Days Won:  0

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

if we totally suck it up, it would be an ok consolation prize, but our goals are definitely not St pete bound.

• Content Count:  134

OK, I will be TOTALLY selfish here and say “The St. Pete Bowl would be great!† Now let me explain why. 

Bad planning on our part (or maybe, just maybe, too much fun in El Paso last year for the Sun Bowl ;)) my husband and I are expecting our second child on September 29th.

I have already come to grips that I will only be able to attend the first two home games of this season.  Now mind you, we have been season tickets holders so long we actually have front row seats in our section.  So not being there in RayJay (which by the way, I think is a great place to watch USF Football :popcorn) is new territory for me.

We have been to all 3 bowl games so far too.  The St. Pete Bowl would probably be the only chance of me actually going to the bowl game this year.  Barring a NC bowl game, I would have to find a way for that one as well.

So, go ahead and tell me how bad/disappointed/ashamed we would be to have to end up at this bowl, I would probably agree.  But then again, any bowl is better the Papa John’s Pizza Bowl, IMHO. :thumbsup

:2cents

• Content Count:  1,457

this bowl is only paletable if we are 6/6

• Content Count:  2,461

looking at this projection makes me want to vomit

how about that BE v. SEC game that Rutgers is projected for... yeah how about we take that one... better yet how about BCS? Thanks.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

looking at this projection makes me want to vomit

how about that BE v. SEC game that Rutgers is projected for... yeah how about we take that one... better yet how about BCS? Thanks.

The truth of the matter is, if USF doesn't finish 1st or 2nd there is a good chance we're going to the St. Pete bowl.  The only way we'll end up at another is if UCF ends up destined for the St. Pete bowl (there wont be a rematch).

With how terrible CUSA is, UCF should win it again.  At least there's a good chance of it.  Also considering the parody in the Big East we could easily finish 3rd with only 2 losses.

So, for this year we'll either go to BCS NC, BCS, Sun/Gator, or St Pete bowl.  Think of it this way.  It'll be a cheap easy to attend bowl.  No the competition wont be great, but it'll give us a good bowl "travel" number.  Hell, people might be inspired to go to the next away bowl game after going to one close.

It's not that outlandish to see WVU go to another BCS game and Pitt is getting a lot of rave reviews for the upcoming season.  WE could finish 3rd and end up at the St. Pete bowl.  Just have fun with it if it happens.

• Content Count:  2,461

The truth of the matter is, if USF doesn't finish 1st or 2nd there is a good chance we're going to the St. Pete bowl.  The only way we'll end up at another is if UCF ends up destined for the St. Pete bowl (there wont be a rematch).

So, for this year we'll either go to BCS NC, BCS, Sun/Gator, or St Pete bowl.  Think of it this way.  It'll be a cheap easy to attend bowl.  No the competition wont be great, but it'll give us a good bowl "travel" number.  Hell, people might be inspired to go to the next away bowl game after going to one close.

Don't worry, there's no way USF football WOULDN'T be fun... No matter who we play...

I'm not sure picks the bowls have this coming season but I think we're pretty much no go on the Gator.

Texas Bowl picks BE this year right? Possibilities include BCS, Sun, PJ, Carcrap, Texas, St. Pete?

Sun/Gator gets pick after BCS right... I can't remember what the article back a while ago said and the BE site hasn't been updated.

When does the PJ get to pick? Now that they've switched out C-USA with SEC?

Somebody remembers better than I do or has enough free time to look this up!  ;D

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Don't worry, there's no way USF football WOULDN'T be fun... No matter who we play...

I'm not sure picks the bowls have this coming season but I think we're pretty much no go on the Gator.

Texas Bowl picks BE this year right? Possibilities include BCS, Sun, PJ, Carcrap, Texas, St. Pete?

Sun/Gator gets pick after BCS right... I can't remember what the article back a while ago said and the BE site hasn't been updated.

When does the PJ get to pick? Now that they've switched out C-USA with SEC?

Somebody remembers better than I do or has enough free time to look this up!  ;D

BCS

Sun / Gator (though Gator still wants ND, so if it's sun we'll get passed virtually automatically)

Meineke Car Care  -  We may not have meineke this year (I can’t remember)

PapaJohns.com / International / St. Pete  -  This trio will all be selected by ESPN according to what would be the most favorable match-up.  The widely held belief is that ESPN will stick us in the St. Pete bowl is to up it's attendance to increase it's chances of surviving (if we're still available).  They could also pick UCF to do this, but are 2nd (or 3rd?) to pick in CUSA.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

If ND is selected by Gator there is no Sun. They take our spot.

• Content Count:  4,642

what about charlotte?

Archived