• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Mark Schlabach is a big fat idiot.... [Bowl Projections]

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17
  • Days Won:  0

I've been an inactive board member on this message board for as long as I can remember (through the name changes, server upgrades, etc), but this topic got me wanting to type.

Am I the only one who's not as optimistic about this season as last year?  I know its heresy, but I assure you I am a fan.  I am worried about what this team is going to look like this year.  I'm most worried about our defense.  I know we have T Mac/Kion Wilson to replace Ben Moffitt and some guys with experience filling in for our two NFL cornerbacks, and I know we have defensive geniuses for coaches, but I am still worried.  I don't know that we have guys who can step into the middle of the d-line and replace Clebert, who I think was more important to our d than he gets credit for (leading to other worries, like that teams will be able to double up on and negate some of Selvie's skills), I dont think our d backs are as strong as they were last year, and I worry that Moffitt is not replaceable.  On offense, I worry that our O-line isn't going to be any better, and the heart of the line, Walt Walker is gone.  There are other things that I can't quite put my finger on that have me uneasy about next year, maybe I just cant get the taste of the Sun Bowl out of my mouth.  I dont mean uneasy as in 3-9 uneasy, but more like 7-5 uneasy, and I'm not so offended by the less than stellar bowl predictions ... i wish i could be angry at the writers for the predictions, but i just am not

• Content Count:  2,726

I've been an inactive board member on this message board for as long as I can remember (through the name changes, server upgrades, etc), but this topic got me wanting to type.

Am I the only one who's not as optimistic about this season as last year?  I know its heresy, but I assure you I am a fan.  I am worried about what this team is going to look like this year.  I'm most worried about our defense.  I know we have T Mac/Kion Wilson to replace Ben Moffitt and some guys with experience filling in for our two NFL cornerbacks, and I know we have defensive geniuses for coaches, but I am still worried.  I don't know that we have guys who can step into the middle of the d-line and replace Clebert, who I think was more important to our d than he gets credit for (leading to other worries, like that teams will be able to double up on and negate some of Selvie's skills), I dont think our d backs are as strong as they were last year, and I worry that Moffitt is not replaceable.  On offense, I worry that our O-line isn't going to be any better, and the heart of the line, Walt Walker is gone.  There are other things that I can't quite put my finger on that have me uneasy about next year, maybe I just cant get the taste of the Sun Bowl out of my mouth.  I dont mean uneasy as in 3-9 uneasy, but more like 7-5 uneasy, and I'm not so offended by the less than stellar bowl predictions ... i wish i could be angry at the writers for the predictions, but i just am not

You know lenbulls, you're right.  I am worried about this season too, but you know what, WE ARE ALWAYS WORRIED ABOUT THE UPCOMING SEASON!!!

ITS NORMAL!!!

Do we have guys to replace?  ABSOLUTELY

Can we do it? YES

Do we keep getting better recruits?  YES

Are our younger players getting older and more beefy/experienced?  YES

These are the questions you have to ask yourself before you make a post like this, lol.  We all have our doubts, but I think that alot of us have seen what this team can do and the freakish athleticism of some of our younger players has many people excited.  EVERY TEAM losses people year to year.  They CAN be replaced...

Oh, and about Schalbach...I don't can about the Bowl Projection because - quite frankly - its just too **** early in the year.  But the whole having Notre Lame in the top 25. THATS A DOOSY!!!  Especially his explanation, "Notre Dame returns 17 starters including QB Jimmy Clausen"...which is all well and good except for the fact that Jimmy Clausen and some of those starters are terrible.  lol 

Shalbach is usually good to USF, but lately he has thrown us aside.  We'll do what we need to do in the long run...

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  4,642

we better not play like garbage the second half of the year, or else we'll be in st pete

• Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

I actually appreciate our fallout from last year.  It gave the boys a bad taste in their mouth and now they know they can BE THERE with UF, USC, and Ohio State!  I have sensed a new attitude about this team......  more players are becoming more motivated to get to the BIG DANCE!!!!!!!  They arent gonna settle for media attention this time around.  And this team DOES have the talent to shake up the world and STAY with the elite.

I have loads of confidence in this team... and four conference home games really helps.  I think we'll be 8-0 heading into Cincy, and if we can pull a win out of there, we'll be 11-0 heading into Morgantown!!!!!!  Our offense has the firepower and experience, and our defense has been RELOADING instead of rebuilding.

No letdown this year, boys and gals!!!!!

Archived