• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

College Footballs Top Surprises of 2007

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,266
  • Days Won:  0

#7 – South Florida Bulls

The South Florida Bulls pulled off a pair of September upsets by going on the road to knock off #17 Auburn then taking down fifth-ranked West Virginia at home two weeks later. The Bulls suddenly found themselves ranked second in the nation, and people were talking about the very real possibility of USF in the BCS. However, a midseason swoon that included losses to Rutgers, Connecticut, and Cincinnati ended those dreams. Still, the fact that the Bulls were in the national title discussion was quite a surprise.

http://community.prepticket.com/photo/photo/show?id=823292%3APhoto%3A55331&context=album&albumId=823292%3AAlbum%3A55339

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

They won't be "upsets" ths year.  We are not sneaking up on ANYONE!

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

They are classified as upsets when a lower ranked team beats a higher ranked team.  Therefore if we beat Kansas or WVU they will still most likely fall into the upset category.

They just won’t be as surprising to most people.

• Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

I'm kinda confused as to the details of our lease at Ray Jay... who pays for the divots and potholes Coach Mangino is gonna leave all over Ray Jay?

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I'm kinda confused as to the details of our lease at Ray Jay... who pays for the divots and potholes Coach Mangino is gonna leave all over Ray Jay?

And is the KU responsible for the scores of children he'll probably eat?

Though seriously, he went to High School with my dad in New Castle Pennsylvania.  I found that out and thought it was a humorous coincidence.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  2,527

I don't think we ever really have snuck up on any team, just their fans and the press.  Coaches and players watch film, they know if a team has talent.

• Content Count:  1,894

True. They may be upsets technically but the way I see it. If anybody beats us this year they upset us. Thats how I feel with the exception of a very good kansas team and Wvu because they will be ranked higher but we know we should beat both.

Archived