• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2009 recruit class projections?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  188
  • Days Won:  0

Not sure if it's been reported yet, but Alijajian committed to UF a few hours ago. 

USF was never in it.

Josh Newberg

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

But UF leads on both with "High" interest, compared to "medium" for USF and others.

You must be a jinx.  ;)  ;D

http://southflorida.scout.com/a.z?s=359&p=8&c=1&nid=3497991

I would have been happy to have just landed the local Samoan or Tongan OL, but he also ended up at UF. I'm not even sure whether he had any stars.  :-\

• Content Count:  188
  • Days Won:  0

I think you're talking about Hilapio at SPC.  USF misplayed that one.  They waited too long to offer.  They offered the day before UF offered, which was during spring practice and when the kid is in your backyard it doesnt look good when you offer a day before UF. 

It was a little bit of bad luck as well.  He wasnt a "sure thing", so the staff waited till spring to make another eval on him besides just seeing his junior tape.

Josh Newberg

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I think you're talking about Hilapio at SPC.  USF misplayed that one.  They waited too long to offer.  They offered the day before UF offered, which was during spring practice and when the kid is in your backyard it doesnt look good when you offer a day before UF. 

It was a little bit of bad luck as well.  He wasnt a "sure thing", so the staff waited till spring to make another eval on him besides just seeing his junior tape.

Josh Newberg

Yep, that's the guy.

I think leavitt promised him that he could share a room with verbal A Bellamy who is supposedly a good friend of his. Too bad, we lost him, but if UF really wanted him they probably would have gotten him sooner or later.

Archived