• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

New 2009 BB verbal: Jordan Dumars

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,048
  • Days Won:  172

heath is the man

it is time to leave coach mac alone.he did the best to could under the circumstances

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,681
  • Days Won:  2

As a former Detroiter I just wanted to inform you that Joe D named his son after Jordan because of the tremendous respect they had for each other's game.

From Greg's blog:

Joe Dumars-

JD: Jordan's name actually wasn't from No. 23. I saw enough of Michael not to name my son after him (laughing). We just liked the name, and we would have picked Jordan whether it was a boy or girl.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

PG Ray McCallum Jr, a top recruit for 2010, is joining Dumars on his HS team which will be loaded with talent this year. I'm sure Coach Heath already has him in his crosshairs.  ;D

Son of UDM coach enrolls at Detroit Country Day

July 1, 2008

BASKETBALL: Son of UDM coach enrolls at Detroit Country Day

Ray McCallum Jr., a junior point guard who is considered a top-100 player nationally, has enrolled at Birmingham Detroit Country Day. McCallum is 6-feet-1 and has made a name for himself on the AAU circuit and at Bloomington (Ind.) North High over the past two years. His father, Ray McCallum, was named head basketball coach at Detroit Mercy in April.

"I've heard great things about him, and certainly he will fit in well with what we have coming back," Country Day coach Kurt Keener said Monday.

Country Day has three seniors who have committed to Division I programs: center DaShonte Riley (Georgetown), power forward Donnavan Kirk (Miami, Fla.) and swingman Jordan Dumars (South Florida).

"I don't know that we have ever had that many high-level Division I players," Keener said. "It's going to be exciting. How they play together remains to be seen, but it is a very talented group."

By Vince Ellis

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080701/SPORTS09/807010350/1048/sports

• Content Count:  5,982

PG Ray McCallum Jr, a top recruit for 2010, is joining Dumars on his HS team which will be loaded with talent this year. I'm sure Coach Heath already has him in his crosshairs.  ;D

Son of UDM coach enrolls at Detroit Country Day

July 1, 2008

BASKETBALL: Son of UDM coach enrolls at Detroit Country Day

Ray McCallum Jr., a junior point guard who is considered a top-100 player nationally, has enrolled at Birmingham Detroit Country Day. McCallum is 6-feet-1 and has made a name for himself on the AAU circuit and at Bloomington (Ind.) North High over the past two years. His father, Ray McCallum, was named head basketball coach at Detroit Mercy in April.

"I've heard great things about him, and certainly he will fit in well with what we have coming back," Country Day coach Kurt Keener said Monday.

Country Day has three seniors who have committed to Division I programs: center DaShonte Riley (Georgetown), power forward Donnavan Kirk (Miami, Fla.) and swingman Jordan Dumars (South Florida).

"I don't know that we have ever had that many high-level Division I players," Keener said. "It's going to be exciting. How they play together remains to be seen, but it is a very talented group."

By Vince Ellis

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080701/SPORTS09/807010350/1048/sports

This is noted and saved.

It is all about us continuing to show improvement as a University.CSH is selling this program, his program on the future.As we continue to get better so will our recruiting as more and more prospects will want to join up with a program on the rise.I have no doubt that if things stay on course we will land not just 1 but a few blue-chip prospects out of the state of Michigan.This kid could very well be 1 of them.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Another 2009 player looking at USF:

Mid Atlantic Hoops.Com Class of 2009 Recruiting Updates: Talib Zanna

Talib Zanna

By Jide Sodipo,                                                                                   

Posted: July 2, 2008   

Talib Zanna, a 6-foot-9 Rising SR PF from Bishop McNamara High School in Forestville, Maryland, is one of the most talented power forwards in the Mid Atlantic Hoops Class of 2009. The Nigerian native posses unique face-up skills that are rare for an African kid. A very good mid range shooter, Zanna continues to improve the rest of his game in the past year. He’s much better at putting the ball on the floor now....       

Talib Zanna, a 6-foot-9 Rising SR PF from Bishop McNamara High School in Forestville, Maryland, is one of the most talented power forwards in the Mid Atlantic Hoops Class of 2019.

The Nigerian native posses unique face-up skills that are rare for an African kid. A very good mid range shooter, Zanna continues to improve the rest of his game in the past year. He’s much better at putting the ball on the floor now. He’s capable of playing with his back to the basket as well blocking shots on the defensive side of the court. He's a high major prospect.

I had a chance to spoke with Zanna recently about his recruiting process and more.

"Villanova, Virginia Tech, Boston College, Connecticut, Pittsburgh, Texas A & M, West Virginia, Colorado, South Florida, Providence & St. Joseph’s (PA)." said Zanna,

When asked if any of the schools has offered him? Zanna said “Villanova, Virginia Tech and St. Joe’s are the only three schools that offer already.

He's planning to sit down and set-up some visit for August with his high school coach.       

What he will consider when picking school.

“The coaching staff, playing time and good educationâ€Â. Said Zanna

Zanna isn’t in a hurry to make a decision and said he’ll probably decide sometime during the beginning of his senior year. He will be taking the S.A.T in October follow by a fall decision.

Zanna will be playing is rest of the summer ball with DC Blue Devils, a Nike Sponsor AAU team at Super Showcase.

http://www.midatlantichoops.com/Archieves/Classof2009/TalibZanna.htm

It sure doesn't hurt for us to already have a Nigerian, Mobolaji Ajayi, on our roster, along with African Teeng Akol from the Sudan. Since Talib wants playing time, he certainly can get that here. He also probably could get help studying for his SAT.  ;D   

• Content Count:  66,048
  • Days Won:  172

i see a final four in our future

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

i see a final four in our future

Oh I hope to God that you are actually right for a change  ;)

• Content Count:  5,982

Talib Zanna, Bishop McNamara: The junior came off a serious injury to have a breakout season. The 6-foot-9 forward averaged 16 points, 14 rebounds and four blocks during a season removed from a broken ankle. With one more year of high school left, Zanna has drawn interest from schools in the Atlantic Coast Conference, Big East and Atlantic 10

Analysis:

Talib combines skill and athleticism to create match up problems for the opposition. Although he’ll battle inside, Talib is most comfortable playing towards the perimeter. He loves to attack off the dribble from the outside. He’s very aggressive on the boards. Talib also showed a good short left handed hook shot off of a spin move in the low block. Right now, he looks to be sort of in between being an interior player and a wing player. If he develops either of those areas, he could really turn into a fantastic player.

Highlight of Zanna and Rashad Whack(Zanna is wearing #42)

/v/bW5PipmHPBU&hl

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Talib Zanna, a 6-foot-9 Rising SR PF from Bishop McNamara High School in Forestville, Maryland, is one of the most talented power forwards in the Mid Atlantic Hoops Class of 2019.

wow... starting to recruit early?  ;)

Archived