• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New 2009 BB verbal: Jordan Dumars

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

We should STILL have one more scholarship to give out in 2009.  :D

Correct, and if we were to get Pena, per the other post, that would be it for 2009.... that is scary to think we would be done recruiting until 2010 in the summer of 2008.  :o

Oh, maybe I missed the post here on Pena and that's why I was confused. I know he left FAU and we were recruiting him, but he'd have to sit out a year. HE would require a 2008 scholly, which we don't have at the moment.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Good point about the 08 scholarship.  Wasn't thinking about that...

but as always, anything is possible as Heath has shown he'd be willing to pull a scholarship if the need arose.  (aris williams?)

• Content Count:  1,797
  • Days Won:  0

Actually since there was a coaching change and Pena never enrolled at FAU he would be immediately eligible for this coming season just like Saaka and Bozeman were when they were released from their schollies at Furman and Ole Miss.  We would have to make room for Pena if Akol gets eligible.  If not, then Pena could use the schollie reserved for Akol.  Otherwise, it's bye bye for someone.

Normal

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Williams would be shown the door if Pena was to come.

Aris already has gotten an 4 year education from USF.I believed he has either graduated or about to so USF has been good to him and he shouldn't have any complaints if or when he is asked to give up his scholarship for the better good.

Also as Normal said we don't know for sure if Akol will gain eligiblity to play this upcoming season.We have everything filled except a natural SF, so Pena would fill a position of need.Hopefully we can find out soon if both USF and Pena are highly interested in each other.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

Actually since there was a coaching change and Pena never enrolled at FAU he would be immediately eligible for this coming season just like Saaka and Bozeman were when they were released from their schollies at Furman and Ole Miss.  We would have to make room for Pena if Akol gets eligible.  If not, then Pena could use the schollie reserved for Akol.  Otherwise, it's bye bye for someone.

Normal

We can't forget about Gilchrist. If he gets his waiver, he'll need a schollie, correct??

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I think he already has a schollie.

• Content Count:  1,797
  • Days Won:  0

Gilchrist has signed a grant-in-aid, ie scholarship.  He is accounted for.  We have 12 signed right now.  Akol would be 13 (the limit).  So if Coach Heath wanted Pena, he would have to remove a current scholarship player.  Unfortunately, there may be another option.  Last I heard, McMillan had not met entrance requirements.  That was a month or two ago however.  Hopefully he is qualified, but if not.....

Normal

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

Gilchrist has signed a grant-in-aid, ie scholarship.  He is accounted for.  We have 12 signed right now.  Akol would be 13 (the limit).  So if Coach Heath wanted Pena, he would have to remove a current scholarship player.  Unfortunately, there may be another option.  Last I heard, McMillan had not met entrance requirements.  That was a month or two ago however.  Hopefully he is qualified, but if not.....

Normal

that would suck if he doesnt get qualified

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

From Espn Dec 2007 evaluation:

Jordan Dumars | Shooting Guard Hometown: Birmingham, MI

Detroit Country Day School (MI)

Position rank: Shooting Guard # 95

Ht: 6'5" Wt: 230

Last Updated:6/23/2008 Data provided by Scouts, Inc.

Evaluation / Notes Briefing Room / Features

Status

Verbal

Scouts Grade

Also Considered:

Evaluation

December, 2007: Dumars, the son of future Hall of Famer Joe Dumars, is a chip off the old block. Jordan is a lights-out shooter who loves to let fly from deep in the corners. Not blessed with his father's quickness of foot, Jordan makes up for the lack of speed with crafty post up jumpers and he uses his "thick" body well to create space for his drives to the basket. He's a smart player that picks his spots to destroy a defense. For old timers think Dale Ellis. Youngsters refer to Mike Redd. His stock will continue to rise as his conditioning improves and he drops some baby fat.

Dumars is an excellent shooter. His shooting is almost exclusively catch and shoot. He needs some work on his off the dribble game. He is a below average basketball athlete. He struggles some defensively against athleticism. He does have a good basketball IQ. Jordan is a top 250 player in the 2009 class.

Notes

AAU Team: The Family

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=53918&season=2009&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncb%2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fplayer%3frecruitId%3d53918%26season%3d2009

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

Gilchrist has signed a grant-in-aid, ie scholarship.  He is accounted for.  We have 12 signed right now.  Akol would be 13 (the limit).

There ya go.... I didn't realize that grant-in-aid was another term for scholarship ..... and I thought we could only have 12 on scholarship at one time .... This has been a very enlightening day.  :)

So if Coach Heath wanted Pena, he would have to remove a current scholarship player.  Unfortunately, there may be another option.  Last I heard, McMillan had not met entrance requirements.  That was a month or two ago however.  Hopefully he is qualified, but if not.....

Normal

Archived