• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Red Bull Flugtag 2008 - USF Represented

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

http://www.redbullflugtagusa.com/TampaBay2008

Event: Saturday, July 19, 2008

Red Bull Flugtag is returning to the Sunshine State!  The brave and slightly crazy will launch their human-powered flying machines above Tampa Bay’s waters at City Park at Tampa Convention Center.  This will be the first time Red Bull Flugtag has touched down in Florida since the Miami competition in 2004. Red Bull Flugtag Tampa Bay will boast almost 40 outrageous crafts, ranging from giant footwear to supersized sea creatures, built by participants ranging from animators to biologists and college students to flight instructors. 

Bovine Bullistics Laboratory

When Hollywood's Angelina Jolie was expecting twins, Brad Pitt purportedly spent a cool $500,000 on designer furniture to make the family's chateau a little more homey. So now that Riverview's Jennifer Phillips is awaiting the birth of her own twins, how is hubby Mike furnishing their nest? With a giant flying bull. Mike and his cohorts Armando Almirall, Gavin Anderson, Stuart Cox, and Willie Galarza are free spirits. "We enjoy life and like to attempt the unthinkable, doing things that few understand but mean everything to us," Mike explains. Such endeavors might be as simple as playing semi-pro paintball, or as complex as scaling a moving Mardi Gras float. Lately, they're centered on building the bull. 

You can't blame Mike for being excited – he's been waiting for this opportunity even longer than he's been waiting for the twins: ever since he attended Red Bull Flugtag Miami in 2004. The teammates, who work in fields from sales to banking, are spending their weekends in Mike's garage, replicating the University of South Florida mascot on a massive scale. (Two members of the team are alumni, and Willie works as a USF web developer.) "This is my life's dream!" Mike crows, as his wife rolls her eyes. "Bovine Bullistics is in it to win it!" 

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Sweet!  Is this going to be televised ;)

• Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  0

always wanted to go to one of the flutug events. I'll try to be there. I really want to see the air races they do,those things look pretty amazing.

• Content Count:  2,307
  • Days Won:  0

I was watching the commercial and said I really wanted to go to this event and then we found out it was here this year...

So....we're going to try to be there...sounds like a fun event.

Archived