• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

30,000+ on a Tuesday for the Rays!

Matt

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  879
  • Days Won:  0

I've never been, but I heard they have a cigar bar at the Trop.  Is this true?  If so, I wanna go!!!

Why yes, there is one.  Please see the link...http://tampabay.rays.mlb.com/tb/ballpark/topspots.jsp

• Content Count:  7,890

looks good on TV. The best thing Selig has done as comish is interleague play.

your right because if it wasnt for him we couldnt kick the crap out of the marlins every year

• Content Count:  7,890

if the stadium isn't sold out, you shouldn't mind them giving your team money.  If they are taking seats that would have been taken by rays fans... (a good problem to have) then you might have a case, but you want all those fans to be there.

very true

Also everyone has to remember most of those Cub fans bought those tickets before the season started and NO ONE thought it would be a series between two of the top teams in MLB. It’s just like the first season the Bucs were good. The Packers and Bears still had more fans in the stands but the next season those fans could not but tickets (or the turned into Bucs fans) and I see the same next season for the rays.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

It was about 50/50 and that is being fair to Rays fans.

Gotta remember this is the 1st trip to the bay area for thr Cubs.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

if the stadium isn't sold out, you shouldn't mind them giving your team money.  If they are taking seats that would have been taken by rays fans... (a good problem to have) then you might have a case, but you want all those fans to be there.

very true

Also everyone has to remember most of those Cub fans bought those tickets before the season started and NO ONE thought it would be a series between two of the top teams in MLB. It’s just like the first season the Bucs were good. The Packers and Bears still had more fans in the stands but the next season those fans could not but tickets (or the turned into Bucs fans) and I see the same next season for the rays.

exactly.  It is a building block.  The fact that it was even close to 50/50 is a step in the right direction... as it has been 75% other teams fans (vs sox/yanks).

If the rays keep winning, over the next few years, the casual fans will come, and revenues will go up, and then there will be more money spent to make the team better.  Its like a chicken/egg thing, only you may be on the verge of solving the riddle... but the key is now sustaining the success, or it all goes away.

• Content Count:  3,078

im just happy the rays will have their second game of the year on tv tonight...

Archived