• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Football Attendance Averages

Our 2007 Attendance Average was 53,170 / USF ranked 38 in Div 1A  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

one national championship in the last 75 years doesn't make Pitt a bigger name then WVA.  it should still sell out though, but don't be shocked bien if pitt isn't unbeaten. they weren't supposed to suck last year and that worked out well for them.  Funny how you can blast other others for giving their opinion  and yours truly isn't anymore accurate or "factual" than RT's or mine, or Bulliever, etc.

Long live freedom of speech.

PS.  I would gladly take any improvement and I see the possiblities for it, however I "personally," feel we will stay the same or go down slightly.

It is 'funny' balloon...that some people presume being 'negative' in some way is giving us 'insight' or being forward or free thinking, and because anyone that is remotely positive is simply 'looking at it from the wrong angle'  or 'wearing green and gold glasses'...why is that ballogna?

I think the past few years have proven time and again that people have a right to expect more from this program because it's delivered and exceeded general expectations time and again.  Also, as I mentioned before NO ONE, can predict attendance for USF, and at this point, what we've proven in the past season I would not underestimate our abilities.

Oh and yeah, two national championships, and two heisman trophies is bad-- more than WVU has in either category.  As it stands Pitt is right with WVU as one of the top 20 winningest programs of all times, and ahead of WVU in terms of winning percentage.  Pitt actually claims 9 NC, but have owned the NC twice, and shared it another 4 times.

I mean if you're going to mock tradition and past then Syracuse would be more meaningful then Pitt.  Da Cuse believe it or not have more wins, and a greater winning percentage then Pitt, or WVU.  They have a NC and heisman trophy winner too, but that was in 1958-61...Pitt, isn't a 'one national championship team in 75 years' program either.  I trust you're older than 25, and if that's the case then you remember the 1982 Sugar Bowl when they beat UGA and Hershel Walker, or their NC dismantling of UGA in 1977.  How about the classic 1983 Cotton Bowl when they brought the Pony Express to a screeching hault but lost 7-3.  How about the Sun Bowl in 1990 when they beat TAMU in a shoot-out.

Yeah, I suppose if you're 20 or 21 years old then Pitt is an 'old program' and if names like Tony Dorsett, Dan Marino, Hugh Green, Curtis Martin, Johnny Majors, Mike Ditka, Jimbo Covert, and more are unfamiliar then maybe I understand your point about Pitt.

But with all that being said Pitt has a strong fan base, and is a large MSA, much larger than Morgantown.  They will come out in force...also they will be heavily favored in their first four games of the season before USF...sure there is a likelihood they'll lose but if they play those games like they played in the 2nd half of the season they will be fine.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  206

Steve,

I checked the record books again and as I see it one national championship in 75 years is still one national championship in 75 years.  I didn't say they didn't have great seasons or great players, hell any team with 25 plus years under their belt had great teams and great seasons.  We've had that in our short existence 9-2 with one of thoses to national champ Oklahoma (in which we bowl game screwed).

I don't want to debate pitt's greatness, all i'm saying is that until they impress me THIS decade, I'll give the nod to WVA, whose greatness may have exited the state for blue and maize pastures.

But don't start questioning my dedication/ loyalty to this program.  And don't take my opinion on attendance as a negative.  I just feel this home schedule isn't as strong as last year's and because of that, some of the fence sitting community may not come out.  If we start off like we did last year, as I expect us to we could very well exceed last years and I HOPE WE DO, so don't lump me in with the naysayers.  When you (not you personally but people start threads to see what others think) ask for someone's opinion, be prepared to get an answer unlike yours.

You can name the home games I've missed with the WVA initials.  Also, I certainly don't have a negative expectation about this year or this program.  I was miffed at some previous OC's and QB's but I come out every year with great expectations, but some years are higher than others  THis year however my expectations are higher than ever.

I just hope you are right about GG and your belief that our offense will continue to improve.  I hope you and I won't be in that debate again Bien.

D

Yeah JIm your right if this if that.....if WVa hadn't played like mess, PITT could have been 4-8,  oh yeah and with this or that USF would have been 11-2.  The point is and I think you 'll agree.  THey haven't lived up to the hype recently and I still believe WVA atleast for the near future to be a stronger draw than PITT.  It doesn't make my hatred for PITT any less though.

• Content Count:  4,016

Steve,

I checked the record books again and as I see it one national championship in 75 years is still one national championship in 75 years.  I didn't say they didn't have great seasons or great players, hell any team with 25 plus years under their belt had great teams and great seasons.  We've had that in our short existence 9-2 with one of thoses to national champ Oklahoma (in which we bowl game screwed).

I don't want to debate pitt's greatness, all i'm saying is that until they impress me THIS decade, I'll give the nod to WVA, whose greatness may have exited the state for blue and maize pastures.

But don't start questioning my dedication/ loyalty to this program.  And don't take my opinion on attendance as a negative.  I just feel this home schedule isn't as strong as last year's and because of that, some of the fence sitting community may not come out.  If we start off like we did last year, as I expect us to we could very well exceed last years and I HOPE WE DO, so don't lump me in with the naysayers.  When you (not you personally but people start threads to see what others think) ask for someone's opinion, be prepared to get an answer unlike yours.

You can name the home games I've missed with the WVA initials.  Also, I certainly don't have a negative expectation about this year or this program.  I was miffed at some previous OC's and QB's but I come out every year with great expectations, but some years are higher than others  THis year however my expectations are higher than ever.

I just hope you are right about GG and your belief that our offense will continue to improve.  I hope you and I won't be in that debate again Bien.

D

Not to prolong the discussion, but Pitt won the NC in 1936, and 1976...that's within 75 years, so you were inaccurate on that account.  ANd I don't question your loyalty, but your comments about 'free speech' were a bit indignant or taken that way by me, and the point is some posters were clearly and obviously being negative, or purposeful contrarians with an intent to stir up attention.

Schedule quality is based on perceptions, and while WVU was a wild ride if you're saying the OOC game against KU is 'worse' then last year's against UNC?  Are you saying 4 conference games sucks worse than 3 last year?  I actually believe this season we'll have more ranked teams coming to RayJay this year then last- for sure KU, and highly, highly likely Pitt, and it wouldn't surprise me to see Butgers there too.  I am a fan of winning our conference, so to me, the more conference foes the better at home.  I would like WVU at home every year, but oh well I'll be up there for the game.  Pitt is going to be a battle and in 2004 they brought a truckload of fans, they have quite a few living in the area.  I like KU, Pitt, RU, and Uconn...a little soft on Da Cuse but it's still a name and a conference foe that is going to want to stop the winning streak.  The 1-AA game we won't talk about. 

Again, people say there is no WVU, I say Pitt could/would be in the very same boat as when WVU visited last year.  Highly ranked, with 1 heisman hopeful, and ESPN pumping the Thursday night game.  It will be an event there is no doubt, and I think KU will get there too.  If you don't like those teams and believe that a good season is only when WVU visits?  Well wait until next year, or go to Morgantown.  BTW, for all the scheduling whiners next year could be tough to whine about with Miami and WVU at home. ;D

BTW Bullogna, there is no debate about GG.  He did a good job last year...if he doesn't fit your fancy with his offense or calling then that is your personal opinion and issue with him, and should not be a general assumption.  Last year in the face of massive adversity (four key OL injured for prolonged periods, all his good RB's true frosh, two key receivers injured for prolonged periods) he had the 21st rated scoring offense, the 32nd rush offense, and 38th overall offense.  If you believe those stats to be 'bad' given his adversity and the team last year, and the fact it was his first as the OC....well Bullogna you should keep that to yourself until he really screws up or you change your opinion because those stats are solid, and I believe he and the offense will improve on those (mostly because the key issues he had last year probably won't plague him again this year).  I shake my head at guys that ridicule playcalling, having once coached myself, because generally only about 60% of all plays are successful even for the greatest team.  THere are always instances where someone can ridicule for a particular call, i.e. bootleg on the goalline for Grothe on 3rd down against Uconn.  But for every bad instance they always seem to forget the brilliant calls like the Auburn winning TD, motioning Ben Williams to the sideline, and forcing a SS on Hester----miss match!

Last year is never an indicator of the coming season, but given what's returning on offense, and the relative success our offense had last year....suffice it to say we should all have high expectations of GG and the offense next year.  Do you realize last year's offense was USF's most prolific in scoring, total yards, rushing, total yards in a game, rushing in a game....we broke quite a few records.  Gregory is starting something good and I think it will continue to improve.  Just be patient, don't look at 'a play' or 'a game' but the entire body of work.  Taken in the proper context Coach Gregory is doing a solid job, and if he improves on those stats, and the offense this year, and we go say 10-2....well he might be a keeper.

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2007&div=4&rpt=IA_teamscoroff&site=org

• Content Count:  505

I want to believe attendence will be at least the same as last year, but the more I look at it the less convinced I am.  The schedule doesn't favor it.  UCF, UL, WVU always bring large travel crowds.  Who on our schedule does that this year?  I look at our win vs Auburn and then with 2 weeks of press and our first ever national ranking, we fail to even fill the lower bowl against a BCS opponent in a Butch Davis led UNC team.  I still hope we sell out every game, but I would be afraid of putting any money on increased attendence.  How big a factor was the required multiple game packs sold last year?  Will Kansas bring any excitement?  We've had other nationally ranked teams come in and play in front of only 35K.  Again I really hope we bring them in, but my guess is we average 48K.

Steve, I wasn't innaccurate, you miss read,  I said 1 national championship in 75 years.  it is 2008, they won 1 in 76' and yes as you stated again in 36. Thus it was 1 national champ. in 75 years.

I don't want to debate you again about GG, you can look back if you want to a rehash it.  I will say that I never said he did a poor job, though I expected more.  Please I don't want to go there again. I just hope like I stated before that you are right and we are more productive.  I expect as you do, given our variables (returning starts, GG's 2nd yr at the hlem, etc) a more productive year and therefor hope you are right.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815

Not gonna lie...I didn't read the whole thread yet...you guys' posts are making my average posts look short.

I think our season ticket base will increase this year, as for actual attendance I think that will depend on how the team does (much like every tampa sports team). Marketing is getting out there and I think there'll be more of a buzz for USF going into the season then in previous years but I also think we go hurt by the end of last season and the casual fan will still go game by game based on how we're doing and the buzz around each matchup.

• Content Count:  2,726

one national championship in the last 75 years doesn't make Pitt a bigger name then WVA.  it should still sell out though, but don't be shocked bien if pitt isn't unbeaten. they weren't supposed to suck last year and that worked out well for them.  Funny how you can blast other others for giving their opinion  and yours truly isn't anymore accurate or "factual" than RT's or mine, or Bulliever, etc.

Long live freedom of speech.

PS.  I would gladly take any improvement and I see the possiblities for it, however I "personally," feel we will stay the same or go down slightly.

Pitt didn't "suck" last year... especially the last half of the year -- they beat a Top 25 Cincinnati and a Top 10 West Virginia... against Louisville, they fumbled on the goal line in the last minute when it would have tied the game... and against Rutgers, Bostick threw an INT in the end zone with 11 seconds left, and lost by four... and early in the season on the road at Michigan State they came up 40 yds short at the end of the game (a pick-6 earlier in the game gave MSU a 4 pt win)...

They finished 5-7 but easily could have been 8-4 if the ball bounced differently...

Factor in they have 15 returning starters and another Top 25 recruiting class...

Then look at their schedule before USF: Bowling Green, Buffalo, Iowa, and & Syracuse.

Yes, Pitt will be undefeated coming in to Tampa.

Iowa???  Dude, last time I checked, they are no pushover.  lol

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I think it will decrease slightly because of the schedule.

I'm betting it'll come in around 48-51K.

We'll sell out at the Kansas game.  I don't think UConn will be close to the rankings by the time they come, and Rutgers and Cincy have potential to be big games we'll see.

It depends how the season goes, but all factors considered I still think it'll decrease.

Archived