• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football Attendance Averages

Our 2007 Attendance Average was 53,170 / USF ranked 38 in Div 1A  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

A lot depends on how many we draw against our 1-AA opponent. Last year we had 33,700, which was a pretty decent crowd. I expect we should have more fans for that game this year, and that might make up for some lossed attendance anticipated in some other games. Still, it's hard for me to expect more than 40,000 against Tenn. Martin.

I also think that the Rutgers game will be a massive sellout, and that should help our average.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

A lot depends on how many we draw against our 1-AA opponent. Last year we had 33,700, which was a pretty decent crowd. I expect we should have more fans for that game this year, and that might make up for some lossed attendance anticipated in some other games. Still, it's hard for me to expect more than 40,000 against Tenn. Martin.

I also think that the Rutgers game will be a massive sellout, and that should help our average.

Theoretically with tv and marketing i think KU, Pitt, and RU should/could approach sellouts.  The Cuse, and Uconn will be tougher, but they're later in the year so if the team is rolling then the attendance could be higher because of it.  Last year having UL at home was fun, but by the time they arrived they were simply a punching bag.

SB -- Good posts on this thread.  If this teams performs as we expect (hope?) then I see selling out all five of the BCS home games without much problem.

You've touched on KU, Pitt, and Rutgers

Syracuse is Homecoming... while I am expecting a Noon game that week (as Big East Game of the Week) -- which could hurt attendance, but not ticket sales.

The U Conn on Sunday night -- but the Bucs game is a 1:00pm kickoff in Detroit, and should end around 4:00pm... leaving plenty of time for even casual fans to watch the Bucs game, then tailgate for the Bulls 8:00pm kickoff.

Yes, we clearly saw last year that performance on the field has a MAJOR impact on both ticket sales and no-shows... so if the team does not perform the way a lot of us believe it will, then all bets are off.

However, it's clearly possible for USF to sell 65,000+ tickets (or sell 52,500+ and give 12,501 to students) for five out of the six games this fall...  That kind of ticket sales level would push USF to 57,000 or more butts in seats, even with some of the concerns people have (Thurs & Sun games for out-of-towners, Fri night games for HS football families, afternoon kickoffs, and less-well-known opponents)...

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

with the schedule, i would think it's almost a given that it is going down

You'd think that, but we have no idea what our record will be in the latter half of the year. If we're in the running for the Big East Championship, then both the Rutgers and UConn game should sell out. There should be a great crowd for Kansas as well.

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Odd years in general stand a much better chance of having more in attendance just based on our schedule. I expected there to be a major dropoff after going from 38,000 in 2005 to 30,000 in 2006, and expected it to pick up again in 2007, regardless of how well we were doing on the field.

The magical start we had in 2007 allowed us to make a quantum leap in attendance, over and above what could have been predicted. So, considering our weak home schedule, it will be difficult to surpass last year, but not impossible. If I had to guess, I think we will be over 50,000, but somewhat short of what we had last year.

I expect that whatever attendance we have this year will be far surpassed next year, when we will set our all-time attendance record. Having Miami on the schedule in 2009, 2011 and 2013 should make our attendance in odd years that much better.

I think that's about right, somewhere around 50K would be a good guess.  Too many variables to accurately guess.  Could be much higher if we beat both KU and Pitt, the floodgates could come open and could average 56-57K for the year.  Or, could lose early in the year and it could go down some. 

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Just look at the North endzone on gameday and you will see our attendance will continue to increase.  When I was a student noone really talked about getting season tickets after they graduated (2003, USF football just wasn't that big).  Now with 10,000+ students at most games, figure at least 500 to 1000 of them will be new season ticket holders every year.

• Content Count:  206
  • Days Won:  0

one national championship in the last 75 years doesn't make Pitt a bigger name then WVA.  it should still sell out though, but don't be shocked bien if pitt isn't unbeaten. they weren't supposed to suck last year and that worked out well for them.  Funny how you can blast other others for giving their opinion  and yours truly isn't anymore accurate or "factual" than RT's or mine, or Bulliever, etc.

Long live freedom of speech.

PS.  I would gladly take any improvement and I see the possiblities for it, however I "personally," feel we will stay the same or go down slightly.

one national championship in the last 75 years doesn't make Pitt a bigger name then WVA.  it should still sell out though, but don't be shocked bien if pitt isn't unbeaten. they weren't supposed to suck last year and that worked out well for them.  Funny how you can blast other others for giving their opinion  and yours truly isn't anymore accurate or "factual" than RT's or mine, or Bulliever, etc.

PS.  I would gladly take any improvement and I see the possiblities for it, however I "personally," feel we will stay the same or go down slightly.

Pitt didn't "suck" last year... especially the last half of the year -- they beat a Top 25 Cincinnati and a Top 10 West Virginia... against Louisville, they fumbled on the goal line in the last minute when it would have tied the game... and against Rutgers, Bostick threw an INT in the end zone with 11 seconds left, and lost by four... and early in the season on the road at Michigan State they came up 40 yds short at the end of the game (a pick-6 earlier in the game gave MSU a 4 pt win)...

They finished 5-7 but easily could have been 8-4 if the ball bounced differently...

Factor in they have 15 returning starters and another Top 25 recruiting class...

Then look at their schedule before USF: Bowling Green, Buffalo, Iowa, and & Syracuse.

Yes, Pitt will be undefeated coming in to Tampa.

• Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  2

Pitt didn't "suck" last year... especially the last half of the year -- they beat a Top 25 Cincinnati and a Top 10 West Virginia... against Louisville, they fumbled on the goal line in the last minute when it would have tied the game... and against Rutgers, Bostick threw an INT in the end zone with 11 seconds left, and lost by four... and early in the season on the road at Michigan State they came up 40 yds short at the end of the game (a pick-6 earlier in the game gave MSU a 4 pt win)...

They finished 5-7 but easily could have been 8-4 if the ball bounced differently...

Factor in they have 15 returning starters and another Top 25 recruiting class...

Then look at their schedule before USF: Bowling Green, Buffalo, Iowa, and & Syracuse.

Yes, Pitt will be undefeated coming in to Tampa.

Man, does this mean that we will have to deal with those jerk fans of there's like we did in 2004.  I kind of like the 2006 neutered version of their fans who were docile.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,554
  • Days Won:  29

will we ever get to stagger the L'ville and WVU games to where they aren't both at home/road in the same year?

Future schedules do not include conference games because this is a strong possibility.

Archived